By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct announced, 2.13.2019.

Xxain said:
Pikman Collection.

Well, that would be amazing, but I expect only a Pikmin 3 port. A trilogy I would buy in a heartbeat.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Fire emblem cited.
10 minutes?

Miyamotoo said:
RingoGaSuki said:
Come on Fire Emblem/Dragon Quest date, Pokemon info, and Pikmin 4

Dont hope too much for Pikmin 4, one insider said that Pikmin 4 was rebooted, but its seems that we will get Pikmin 3 port this at least.

I thought that the games Shigeru Miyamoto once mentioned (Pikmin 4 and Project Giant Robot) turned out to be Hey! Pikmin for 3DS and Nintendo Labo Robot Kit. I believe he said that Pikmin 4 would be quite different than Pikmin 3, which Hey! Pikmin surely was. He also said that the Pikmin franchise would strongly profit from 4K Ultra HD, which currently isn't possible with Switch. So I wouldn't be that optimistic regarding a new Pikmin for Switch in the near future (although I really like the games!).

Fire Emblem is likely the closest to launch of the big titles as it was originally due to launch last year.

Hopefully the recently rumored games, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, Spyro Trilogy, Assassin's Creed 3 remastered all get officially announced. Very much anticipating Fire Emblem, so that's good. Probably gameplay footage of Joker rather than a new Smash DLC character this time. Not expecting Pokemon Gen 8 reveal until closer to E3.

Around the Network

Joker mains, rise up.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

h2ohno said:
Hopefully the recently rumored games, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, Spyro Trilogy, Assassin's Creed 3 remastered all get officially announced. Very much anticipating Fire Emblem, so that's good. Probably gameplay footage of Joker rather than a new Smash DLC character this time. Not expecting Pokemon Gen 8 reveal until closer to E3.

Why is everyone mentioning assassin's creed 3? That game makes no sense. It's not loved like assassin's creed 2, it's not recent like assassin's creed Odyssey and it was already on the wii U and Wii U has a better game in AC4. So it's extremely idiotic to release Ass Creed 3 on the switch. Who even wants that?

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
h2ohno said:

Why is everyone mentioning assassin's creed 3? That game makes no sense. It's not loved like assassin's creed 2, it's not recent like assassin's creed Odyssey and it was already on the wii U and Wii U has a better game in AC4. So it's extremely idiotic to release Ass Creed 3 on the switch. Who even wants that?

Because AC3 is officially getting remastered and is set to release in late March.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Cool, will definitely be an interesting Direct. We'll most likely get a trailer for the new Pokémon game, or at least a teaser.

Things I'd like to see? Any one of these would make the direct a success for me.

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
FF7 release date
Dragon Quest XI release date
New Zelda (2D would be amazing)
See what Retro's been working on this whole time

Some of my "out there" hopes:
A new (or even old) Castlevania game of some kind.
Star Tropics (do it Nintendo)
A new 2D Metroid game on the switch
Mother 4?

...and I'm out.