By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct announced, 2.13.2019.

Jranation said:
Vinther1991 said:
Mario Maker 2 - What I still don't understand is, what makes it a sequel and not just a enhanced port?

They added elements from 3D World such as the cat suit and that bell tree. 

And HILLS!!

Around the Network

This new Square RPG Oninaki is basically Bleach.

A new Platinum Game was a nice surprise in this Direct.

Boring as hell direct. Astral chain looked great though. That's pretty much it.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

- Happy to see a true Mario Maker sequel and not just a remaster. That game was basically the one bit of relevency the Wii U was clinging to, now that's gone.
- Bloodstained looks sweet, as a (at least casual) fan of Castlevania
- Another new RPG from Square? Damn, Switch is really turning into an RPG beast.
- Did I just see Yoshi wearing a Labo keyboard? XD. Game is shaping up though, looks slick.
- AC3 is a plesant surprise. Always good to see more AAA third party support, especially on the Western end of things. Though I fear "all DLC included" is code for "full price" for a game several years old.
- Astral Chain looks sweet, though Platinum game's big Wii U release, Wonderful 101, didn't really do it for me. Was overly convoluted mechanics/control wise. This looks more action oriented and straight forward though, which I like.
- Certainly didn't expect a Link's Awakening remake. But more oldschool style Zelda is always a good thing.

7/10 Direct. Surprising amount of new announcements, more third party support, and relatively diverse selection of games shown. Lacking somewhat on the Western front, and a little top heavy on the more niche, quirky and cutesy Japanese/anime tinged stuff for my tastes. Still a bit port heavy too. Overall though, good stuff considering this direct was sort of announced and broadcast on pretty short notice.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network

Couple of titles that looked interesting. FE looked super nice as well as the Astral game. DX11 didn't look very good though, looked really washed out and not sharp and AC looked to be running at 20 fps.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
2D Zelda plz

♡♡♡

Mario Maker 2 is great. slopes plus elements from 3d games.
Link's Awakening remade in claymation.
Gameplay trailer for Dragon Quest 11.
Final Fantasy 9 today (this was weird)
Hellblade port (did not see this coming)
Astral Chain new Platinum IP.
Assassin's Creed 3 confirmed with optional motion aiming.
2 Rune Factory games
Fire Emblem Hogwarts meets Westeros. Might be like Fates but with all 3 versions on one cartridge.
Free Tetris Battle Royale game?????
Bunch of info about games we already knew about like Marvel, Mortal Kombat, Yoshi, Bloodstained, DB Builders 2.
Captain Toad DLC.

That's off the top of my head.

Overall a very good direct, and the 2019 lineup keeps looking better. Only real disappointment is no Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Mar1217 said:
melbye said:

There is huge chance that is true, but it is such a depressing thought

To be honest, since Pikmin 3 undersold on the WiiU, it's clear they're would a bigger market to try the game. Heck ! I'm one of them !

Definitely wouldn't say it undersold, 1.2m on the Wii U is good. Pikmin definitely deserves a bigger market though, it's such a great franchise that just needs more people to try it

RingoGaSuki said:
Mar1217 said:

To be honest, since Pikmin 3 undersold on the WiiU, it's clear they're would a bigger market to try the game. Heck ! I'm one of them !

Definitely wouldn't say it undersold, 1.2m on the Wii U is good. Pikmin definitely deserves a bigger market though, it's such a great franchise that just needs more people to try it

Ya how unlucky is it that all the mainline Pikmin titles released on their weakest selling consoles?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.