By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst decision you can/did make in a game?

Delete my younger brother's Final Fantasy 8 save file. He was on disk 3.

Around the Network

I remember doing something wrong and the way I had my saves set up I was a vampire by mistake. Didn't want to restart from 10h earlier save so I struggled as vampire staying in the dark took me a massive quest line to get a cure

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Letting Lee die at the end of TWD S1..... oh wait, that happens no matter what choices you make in the game. FeelsBadMan

Xxain said:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

The very first moral choice you get to make is wether to kill a sick family that isn't recovering. They looked fine and they said they were getting better, so I killed their would be killers and they were free. Turns out they were sick with the Plague of Athens. Now the intro Island is covered in a eerily thick fog with dead bodies littering the towns and villages. Perpetual rain as well. I could have stopped the Plague of Athens from spreading, now it will effect the rest of the games regions by end game.

This. I didn't expect it to have much of an actual effect, let alone one that lasts through the entire game. It had better not be the only choice like that in the game because now I'm expecting others and haven't found any so far (although I'm not very far into the game yet, so there's probably still tons of time).

I dunno if this counts but, buying a season pass before playing the game. I'm looking at you Dynasty Warriors 9.

Around the Network

While playing Paper Mario & The Thousand Year Door on the GameCube to complete it 100%, I reached floor 100 in the pit of trials on my first attempt, which faces you against the last boss.
I had it all under control, with only 1 of my characters still alive. Boss was close to dead and so was I.
I performed a weak attack on the Dragon, thinking it was going to be enough, but it wasn't, his HP bar showed 1 HP left and he instantly killed me on his next move.

You couldn't save there in between floors, so I had to go through it all over again, but did so a few months later, since I was so frustrated about it and reaching the last level was a tedious and long task which also required a bit of luck in some of the battles.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I harvested a Little Sister during my first playthrough of Bioshock. I still regret it.

In Fallout 2 I didn't know that a bug prevented the happy ending for Gecko from happening if I optimized the reactor after fixing it, even doing everything to make it happen. If I knew it, I would have just fixed the leaking reactor. Those poor ghouls were eventually made slaves by Vault City.
Also I fucked both Bishop's wife and daughter, getting just the latter pregnant, IIRC, but I messed up something, I don't remember what, and the mother of my son always held a grudge against me from then on.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I released Cthulhu into the world like 45 minutes ago.

melbye said:
I released Cthulhu into the world like 45 minutes ago.

This is an excellent decision, IMVHO!!!     

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!