By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo says they have at least 1 unannounced game that'll make fans go crazy & 1 heavily online focused game for FY 2019

Damn they need a direct already. Need to know what to blow my money on lol.

Around the Network

The corresponding news article says Nintendo has an unannounced game that "will make everyone happy."

This is impossible because nothing can make everyone happy.

The quote in the OP says "fans would be delighted to know."

Sounds like something fans asked for and some probably already gave up their hope. Maybe Mario Maker 2 or Pikmin 4.

The "1 unannounced game that'll make fans go crazy" is only in the headline of this thread and sounds like the original quote was turned into clickbait ...

We already know about Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Animal Crossing coming out this year so it can't be any of them. Pikmin 4 is a possibility, but it's niche enough that I don't know if they would consider releasing as something that would 'make everyone happy'. Super Mario Maker 2 seems like the most likely since they never ported the first to the Switch. I wouldn't rule out a 'Majora's Mask' sequel to BotW or 'Super Mario Galaxy 2' to Mario Odyssey. There are some left field possibilities too like a return-to-form Paper Mario, or a new Earthbound.

As to the online game, Star Fox Grandprix seems the most likely, but a Mario Strikers game, F-zero game, or Splatoon spin-off could fit the bill, too.

Asriel said:

Miyamotoo said:

Q&A.

Ah - the Q&A transcript definitely isn't there yet. The context in which this was said is key - if it was a generic statement, then we're no closer to knowing what game it is. If it was said as a response to questions about third party support, it'd be a third party title, and if it's a question about the Metroid Prime 4 delay - I think we could assume it's Prime Trilogy HD.

Yeah, but we talking about Takashi Mochizuki that reported that, he is Japanese reporter that works for WSJ so his translation probably inst off in any meaningful way.

Mar1217 said:

And here's Nintendo reaction :

I think it is a nice touch, that Pi is marked on the scale.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Sunstrider said:
It's the exclusive Monster Hunter Switch game.

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot about that one. Yeah, I would like this.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Xenoblade 2-2 then? Good to hear, looking forward to it.

Hopefully it’s a good crazy.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Ah - the Q&A transcript definitely isn't there yet. The context in which this was said is key - if it was a generic statement, then we're no closer to knowing what game it is. If it was said as a response to questions about third party support, it'd be a third party title, and if it's a question about the Metroid Prime 4 delay - I think we could assume it's Prime Trilogy HD.

Yeah, but we talking about Takashi Mochizuki that reported that, he is Japanese reporter that works for WSJ so his translation probably inst off in any meaningful way.

Yes I know this is from Takashi Mochizuki. My point is, if it's from the Q&A session, then an official transcript of the whole Q&A session will appear on the Investor Relations part of Nintendo's website soon. Then we'll be able to see what question prompted this response and infer more from that.

BotW online and Chrono Break

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Pilot Wings 3

我是广州人