By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo says they have at least 1 unannounced game that'll make fans go crazy & 1 heavily online focused game for FY 2019

Miyamotoo said:
Talking about unannounced games, this are some of unannounced games for this year that are hinted buy insiders:

-2D Zelda
-Star Fox Grand Prix
-Labo 4
-Metroid Prime Trilogy
-Wii U port (Super Mario 3d World / Pikmin 3)
-Platinum IP

Is a Xenoblade Chronicles X port possible? I mean, for this game I regret not having a WiiU

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Around the Network

It's the exclusive Monster Hunter Switch game.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Mario Maker

Does Pokémon gen 8 count as an unannounced game?

AlbiNecroxz said:

Miyamotoo said:
Talking about unannounced games, this are some of unannounced games for this year that are hinted buy insiders:

-2D Zelda
-Star Fox Grand Prix
-Labo 4
-Metroid Prime Trilogy
-Wii U port (Super Mario 3d World / Pikmin 3)
-Platinum IP

Is a Xenoblade Chronicles X port possible? I mean, for this game I regret not having a WiiU

It's possible, but highly unlikely this year.

Asriel said: 
Was this said at the investor Q&A? I couldn't find it in the transcript of the financial briefing. If it was in the Q&A and a transcript exists, the sensible thing to do would be to see what question was asked which prompted this response. It's more specific than the usual "unannounced products to drive sales" spiel we'd normally get.

Q&A.

Around the Network

Miyamotoo said:

Asriel said: 
Was this said at the investor Q&A? I couldn't find it in the transcript of the financial briefing. If it was in the Q&A and a transcript exists, the sensible thing to do would be to see what question was asked which prompted this response. It's more specific than the usual "unannounced products to drive sales" spiel we'd normally get.

Q&A.

Ah - the Q&A transcript definitely isn't there yet. The context in which this was said is key - if it was a generic statement, then we're no closer to knowing what game it is. If it was said as a response to questions about third party support, it'd be a third party title, and if it's a question about the Metroid Prime 4 delay - I think we could assume it's Prime Trilogy HD.

Damn they need a direct already. Need to know what to blow my money on lol.

The corresponding news article says Nintendo has an unannounced game that "will make everyone happy."

This is impossible because nothing can make everyone happy.

The quote in the OP says "fans would be delighted to know."

Sounds like something fans asked for and some probably already gave up their hope. Maybe Mario Maker 2 or Pikmin 4.

The "1 unannounced game that'll make fans go crazy" is only in the headline of this thread and sounds like the original quote was turned into clickbait ...

We already know about Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Animal Crossing coming out this year so it can't be any of them. Pikmin 4 is a possibility, but it's niche enough that I don't know if they would consider releasing as something that would 'make everyone happy'. Super Mario Maker 2 seems like the most likely since they never ported the first to the Switch. I wouldn't rule out a 'Majora's Mask' sequel to BotW or 'Super Mario Galaxy 2' to Mario Odyssey. There are some left field possibilities too like a return-to-form Paper Mario, or a new Earthbound.

As to the online game, Star Fox Grandprix seems the most likely, but a Mario Strikers game, F-zero game, or Splatoon spin-off could fit the bill, too.

Asriel said:

Miyamotoo said:

Q&A.

Ah - the Q&A transcript definitely isn't there yet. The context in which this was said is key - if it was a generic statement, then we're no closer to knowing what game it is. If it was said as a response to questions about third party support, it'd be a third party title, and if it's a question about the Metroid Prime 4 delay - I think we could assume it's Prime Trilogy HD.

Yeah, but we talking about Takashi Mochizuki that reported that, he is Japanese reporter that works for WSJ so his translation probably inst off in any meaningful way.