By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo says they have at least 1 unannounced game that'll make fans go crazy & 1 heavily online focused game for FY 2019

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Amnesia said:

That was not that terrible.

The Metroid Reboot decline might have more to do with Nvidia's stock value going down by I believe 16% in the same period. 

You are probably right...The hit looks too heavy for just a 2nd class* delayed game announcement. If it was the next Pokemon or Mario, this would have been different.

* I respect a lot Metroid, but we know that it won't be a 15M+ seller.

Around the Network

Metroid Prime Federation Force 2!!!

Earthbound? F-Zero? Ummm Paper Mario? Kingdom Hearts 3, Resident Evil or...Chrono Trigger Remake?

RingoGaSuki said:
PIKMIN 4 or CHIBI-ROBO?!

Oh, make the fans go crazy, not just me specifically... Okay then..

I mean...it would make me go crazy too...unless it was that Ziplash platformer garbage. If it were a true sequel in line with the original, and got the level of marketing that Ziplash got, I bet it would do great saleswise, but Nintendo would never believe that because they seem to think if a game can't sell as a platformer it can't sell at all. Hopefully Pikmin 4 is far enough into development that it'll still get released and prove them wrong on that. Or maybe it was silently canceled and us Pikmin fans will have to suffer in the dark forever...

QUAKECore89 said:

Earthbound? F-Zero? Ummm Paper Mario? Kingdom Hearts 3, Resident Evil or...Chrono Trigger Remake?

Cooking Mama? 

Around the Network

Mario Maker is probably the biggest thing not yet announced for the Switch that would make a lot of people happy and also be online, so it could fit either game description. Pikmin has been confirmed to exist but not formally announced yet much longed for by fans, so it could be that, niche or not, since the quote just says "fans will be delighted to know" meaning it could just be "fans of that franchise", suggesting it's something with a lot of fans actively clamoring for it. From that perspective, it could also be F-Zero, though that feels more unlikely since they've multiple times expressed that they've no idea what to do with the series (somehow, even though it should be obvious), or a return-to-form Paper Mario, which also seems unlikely as the Paper Mario developers seem to be way too stubbornly attached to their new philosophy to have learned their lesson from the past two entries yet. Mother 3 honestly seems more likely than either of those two, but still not as likely as Pikmin since, well, it's Mother 3, and Nintendo hates us, and we likely won't get an official translation until 2067.

The Star Fox racing thing, I honestly think is canceled due to Retro being moved full time to Metroid Prime 4. So I don't think that's the online thing. Kind of surprised anyone wants it. Every other time Nintendo has tried to make a Star Fox game that plays even slightly differently than 64, like Adventures or Command, fans hated it. Personally, I'd rather have F-Zero than Star Fox Grand Prix. Hell, I'd rather have Adventures 2 than Star Fox Grand Prix. It just sounds stupid to me.

MEGATON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

New Pilot Wings 

New Wave Race 

New Earthbound 

New Golden Sun

New Mario Paint

New Excite Bike

New F-Zero

New Star Fox

New Punch Out

New Mario RPG

New Paper Mario

New Mario Maker

New Brain Age

New Mario Sports Title

New Pikmin

New Wario Game

New Nintendogs & Cats

Labo 4

Honestly, its probably sometype of party game. As this would fall under, "everyones a fan" type of game.

我是广州人

Talk is cheap.

I think Suoer Mario Striker