By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch update out now (version 7.0.0)

Nintendo has just released a new system update for Switch. Firmware version 7.0.0 should be live for all console owners.

Today’s update includes New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe user icons and support for additional languages on the Home Menu. We have the full details from Nintendo below.

Improvements Included in Version 7.0.0 (Distributed 01/28/2019)

• Select from six new New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe icons for your user
    • To edit your user icon, head to your My Page > Profile on the top left of the HOME menu
  • Added additional language support to the HOME Menu for Chinese, Korean, and Taiwanese
    • To change the language, head to the System Settings > System > Language
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience

Around the Network

I wonder who's in charge of these updates. Like I understand they want to keep the OS lightweight but man, there's a ton of other OSes that are lightweight and have a ton more features. Extremely underwhelming Nintendo.

I still hold out hope that this will be something important once the next Direct happens. Like, they'll tell us something is live already and bam...we're ready to go.

Is anyone else having problems with the Shop? It seems weird to me that the entire infrastructure of the Shop is data based. As in, if my Switch is being laggy, just moving through the main menu of the Shop is unresponsive and wonky. I understand the lists being populated within each menu item would take time, but can't the menus themselves just be static and not load the games until you've actually clicked on an object in the menu bar?

Pretty lame update TBQH.

Expecting same for Smash, Nintendo has been doing this for a while now, not that an update is not welcome, but going a version number upwards to give you new icons and languages is not coherent. They should have just named it 6.3.0 or whatever, that's what 2 the numbers after the first one are for.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Still no music in the eShop... *sigh*

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
I wonder who's in charge of these updates. Like I understand they want to keep the OS lightweight but man, there's a ton of other OSes that are lightweight and have a ton more features. Extremely underwhelming Nintendo.

When are we getting themes? When are we getting shop music? When are we getting achievements (I don't personally care but c'mon)?

I love how I am the exact opposite of everyone here. I hope they keep the quick minimalist load out and always focus on performance above all. I dislike modern era of consoles, that add more and more, and make their os bloated when I want my games to load quickly and to the point.

Last edited by Acevil - on 28 January 2019

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Ljink96 said:

When are we getting themes? When are we getting shop music? When are we getting achievements (I don't personally care but c'mon)?

Yeah I could care less about Achievements, but the eShop does need an overhaul (it's quite sluggish even when I'm not playing games) and themes, even just allowing users to pick their own colors from a stock color picker would suffice. 

Perhaps the biggest issue I have though is the lack of folders or any kind of organization features. The kind of stuff we're asking for isn't too much I don't think. Folders were on Wii U and 3DS and it's kinda embarrassing when hackers are making the Switch more featured than Nintendo.

Ljink96 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Yeah I could care less about Achievements, but the eShop does need an overhaul (it's quite sluggish even when I'm not playing games) and themes, even just allowing users to pick their own colors from a stock color picker would suffice. 

Perhaps the biggest issue I have though is the lack of folders or any kind of organization features. The kind of stuff we're asking for isn't too much I don't think. Folders were on Wii U and 3DS and it's kinda embarrassing when hackers are making the Switch more featured than Nintendo.

Yeah! And you reminded me of another sore spot: VERY BAD PLAY-TIME TRACKER. I obsess over that kind of stuff, it was a great feature on 3DS. 

We get New Super Mario Bros. U avatars but no Smash or Pokemon Let's Go ones? Okay Nintendo... >_>