By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch had highest selling Tales of Vesperia SKU in the U.K.!

Acevil said:
Ya, it is a bit surprising, given two factors. One Factor is this is generally switch's weakest notable market. The Second Factor is, Tales games already has audience on the PS4. Anyways congrats to both PS4 and Switch, for great sales. Xbox One with only 8% is ouch.

The Xbox One with that share of the sales is not surprising at all.Expect a huge difference between the PS4 and XOne Kingdom Hearts 3 versions too.

Around the Network

I am assuming this is the typical physical sales weekly report for the UK. Doesn't really matter if digital is not counted. Especially with PS4's high digital attach rate.

Wow! That is quite surprising!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The difference in sales is really not that much considering it debuted at #9 and its 49% vs 43% physical sales. I don't really see the point in the excitement, but hey the little wins, right?

Farsala said:
The difference in sales is really not that much considering it debuted at #9 and its 49% vs 43% physical sales. I don't really see the point in the excitement, but hey the little wins, right?

Just the fact that it matched the PS version is crazy 

Around the Network
Farsala said:

This is the UK where Nintendo marketshare is lower than other major markets and this is the first Tales game on Switch vs the 3rd on PS4 so it was assumed the fanbase was already on PS4.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

MasonADC said:

Farsala said:

zorg1000 said:
Farsala said:

This is the UK where Nintendo marketshare is lower than other major markets and this is the first Tales game on Switch vs the 3rd on PS4 so it was assumed the fanbase was already on PS4.

@both but again the difference in sales is like... 200 physical sales. We don't have a clue if it outsold the PS4 version entirely in the UK, and even if it did it is by such statistically insignificant numbers.

Tales of Vesperia is also a very late port for both Switch and PS4, if it were a brand new game I could see more excitement.

Farsala said:
MasonADC said:

zorg1000 said:

@both but again the difference in sales is like... 200 physical sales. We don't have a clue if it outsold the PS4 version entirely in the UK, and even if it did it is by such statistically insignificant numbers.

Tales of Vesperia is also a very late port for both Switch and PS4, if it were a brand new game I could see more excitement.

Vesperia is a remaster not a late port they've even added in more dubbing this is a brand new release on all platforms, considering UK is NS' weakest market by a significant margin the NS version of the game selling more or even matching the PS4 version is an interesting feat as the series has normally been associated with the PS brand for most part.

Farsala said:
MasonADC said:

zorg1000 said:

The three versions sold more than the original version by 40.7%.  

Farsala said:
MasonADC said:

zorg1000 said:

You're right that the gap is likely super close and digital probably gives PS4 an advantage but I still expected a solid lead for PS4 since it should have the Tales audience already.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.