By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch had highest selling Tales of Vesperia SKU in the U.K.!

Train wreck said:
Miyamotoo said:

Both XB1 and PS4 have much higher install base (like 3-5x at least) than Switch in UK, so point that Switch sold much better than XB1 and sold better even PS4 (at least when comes to physical sales) its very intresting.

Interesting in what regard?  What correlation is there between install bases and the Tales games to draw from?

Interesting in way that game sold most on platform that has by far lowest install base in UK.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Farsala said:

Good to know. But 3 consoles> 1. Also shows the deterioration of the XB audience, if the XB1 version sold that much less than the 360 version.

Last generation xbox I think was the healthiest console in UK, so I wouldn't call it the XB Audience when comparing Xbox 360 to Xbox One. However it really does feel like 2>1, which is fair enough. Xbox One was basically no show. 

It was healthy but not at the time of Tales of Vesperia release. If you really want to argue install base difference the XB1 in 2019 has a massive advantage to the 360 in 2009. Tales of Vesperia and many other games simply did much better on 360 (physically) than the XB1 despite an install base disadvantage.

Wyrdness said:
Farsala said:

This post is all sorts of wrong...

A remaster is a late port, they didn't change any gameplay or major plot points. UK is certainly not NS' weakest market, that would probably be the multitude of smaller countries in Eastern Europe, Middle Eastern Countries, or countries it hasn't even released in like China.

Tales has had recent and past success on the PS brand, but it has always been a multiplat franchise, especially in the west.

Here is each release and their original platform.

1995: SNES

1997: PS1

2000: PS1

2002: PS2

2003: Gamecube

2004: PS2

2005: PS2

2005: PS2

2007: DS

2008: 360

2008: DS

2009: Wii

2010-2016: PS3

And then the multitude of ports just like Vesperia.

No a remaster is as the name implies a sprucing up of a game for the modern era with out fully remaking the game an example is OOT on 3DS it's not a remake but has been touched up for today's standards you don't need to change plot points or gameplay, you're also reaching with the markets part as bringing up countries it's not out in is more than a reach because it would be like saying well it's not out in Antarctica so that's it's weakest region that type of argument goes into fallacy territory.

I think you should read what I said as I never implied that it hasn't been multi platform I said it's more associated with the PS brand which you even admitted yourself.

We can disagree on the first point, I personally think "remaster" is just marketing so that people are more obligated to buy a late port. Of course a late port will have easy improvements, but nothing substantial is changed.

Markets that matter, of course I won't bring in Antarctica. The Switch does comparably well in UK compared with many other markets though, where they have little presence.

PS4 hit 1m in Middle East, as well as 1m in China. Switch is ~0 China and a bit more in Middle East I assume.

PS4 did like 2-2.5m in UK with XB1 close behind in 1.75 full years, Switch is at 1.4m. Which is still quite good, hardly what I call "weakest market by a significant margin".

Just because it generally does well on PS consoles does not mean it is associated with the PS brand. A main new game might be associated with PS brand, but not a late port.

Farsala said:
Acevil said:

Last generation xbox I think was the healthiest console in UK, so I wouldn't call it the XB Audience when comparing Xbox 360 to Xbox One. However it really does feel like 2>1, which is fair enough. Xbox One was basically no show. 

It was healthy but not at the time of Tales of Vesperia release. If you really want to argue install base difference the XB1 in 2019 has a massive advantage to the 360 in 2009. Tales of Vesperia and many other games simply did much better on 360 (physically) than the XB1 despite an install base disadvantage.

Wyrdness said:

No a remaster is as the name implies a sprucing up of a game for the modern era with out fully remaking the game an example is OOT on 3DS it's not a remake but has been touched up for today's standards you don't need to change plot points or gameplay, you're also reaching with the markets part as bringing up countries it's not out in is more than a reach because it would be like saying well it's not out in Antarctica so that's it's weakest region that type of argument goes into fallacy territory.

I think you should read what I said as I never implied that it hasn't been multi platform I said it's more associated with the PS brand which you even admitted yourself.

We can disagree on the first point, I personally think "remaster" is just marketing so that people are more obligated to buy a late port. Of course a late port will have easy improvements, but nothing substantial is changed.

Markets that matter, of course I won't bring in Antarctica. The Switch does comparably well in UK compared with many other markets though, where they have little presence.

PS4 hit 1m in Middle East, as well as 1m in China. Switch is ~0 China and a bit more in Middle East I assume.

PS4 did like 2-2.5m in UK with XB1 close behind in 1.75 full years, Switch is at 1.4m. Which is still quite good, hardly what I call "weakest market by a significant margin".

Just because it generally does well on PS consoles does not mean it is associated with the PS brand. A main new game might be associated with PS brand, but not a late port.

If we go by markets that matter as you put it then all the countries you mention don't factor in Middle East is also not one country it's a whole range of countries that the 1m is spread across as for China Nintendo rarely ever release their current gen platforms over there instead they release modified versions of prior platforms this doesn't really back any point you made.

Again read what is being said this isn't about generally doing well it's about being associated with the brand and it's not a late port either and it is a main game a remaster of one.

Wyrdness said:
Farsala said:

If we go by markets that matter as you put it then all the countries you mention don't factor in Middle East is also not one country it's a whole range of countries that the 1m is spread across as for China Nintendo rarely ever release their current gen platforms over there instead they release modified versions of prior platforms this doesn't really back any point you made.

Again read what is being said this isn't about generally doing well it's about being associated with the brand and it's not a late port either and it is a main game a remaster of one.

You aren't reading what I am saying, so quite frankly I am done wasting my time with you. I don't care how you classify it, as established in bold.

Jranation said:
Wow! That is quite surprising!

Very!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

Not too surprising because this is the first tales game for the switch. I bought zertiria on the ps4 and it was a major disappointment so i havent bought any tales game since

Farsala said:
The difference in sales is really not that much considering it debuted at #9 and its 49% vs 43% physical sales. I don't really see the point in the excitement, but hey the little wins, right?

Nothing to with "Little wins" and tbh it's not necessarily about the game itself.  More to do with the fact that any game released at the same time as PS4 on Switch would be expected to sell better on the former. Given the strength of Sony in said market and by extension, Nintendo's weakness, for any 3rd party game on Switch that outsells its PS4 counterpart has done rather well.  I posted this because it genuinely surprised and shocked me.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Blood_Tears said:
I am assuming this is the typical physical sales weekly report for the UK. Doesn't really matter if digital is not counted. Especially with PS4's high digital attach rate.

Yeah physical only atm, although digital is in the process of being added to these future charts.

ARamdomGamer said:
Nice, I hope it matches it or outsells it WW, also hope the same for the next mainline title if it comes to the Switch. This is the one series I really want it to appear consistently on Nintendo systems.

I hope all 3rd parties do well on the Switch if it means more new games for Switch owners!

Farsala said:
Wyrdness said:

You aren't reading what I am saying, so quite frankly I am done wasting my time with you. I don't care how you classify it, as established in bold.

Yet you went to the same argument again later in the post so of course I'm going to address if you keep bringing it up, I've read what you said just fine ironically it's you who hasn't read what I posted as seen with how you responded to the association part.