By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch had highest selling Tales of Vesperia SKU in the U.K.!

peachbuggy said:
Farsala said:
The difference in sales is really not that much considering it debuted at #9 and its 49% vs 43% physical sales. I don't really see the point in the excitement, but hey the little wins, right?

Nothing to with "Little wins" and tbh it's not necessarily about the game itself.  More to do with the fact that any game released at the same time as PS4 on Switch would be expected to sell better on the former. Given the strength of Sony in said market and by extension, Nintendo's weakness, for any 3rd party game on Switch that outsells its PS4 counterpart has done rather well.  I posted this because it genuinely surprised and shocked me.

Any multiplat game can sell more physical units on Switch than the PS4. PS4 sells a lot of SW, but I would still expect many games on Switch to outsell the PS4 version physically. The PS3 had a few of those against the 360 in the early days, and the XB1 might have a few of those against the PS4. The Switch especially has a new playerbase thirsty for good games with the attach ratio expected to improve, while the PS4 approaches 10 games per system and about to be phased out for PS5.

Around the Network
animegaming said:

Man that 8% aint looking good for the Xbox One version, wouldn't be shocked if the next Tales skips Xbox One again while sticking to PS4/Switch/PC. 

peachbuggy said:

Going by indicators in Japan, (COMG chart etc.) it appears the PS4 version is going to outsell the Switch version 1st week, which will be almost a flip flop of the situation in the U.K. Market.

I am fully expecting the PS4 version to have a better opening in Japan, but the Switch version to have stronger legs and eventually over take the PS4 version just like what happened with Dragon Quest Builders 2 recently.   

Agreed

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Hiku said:
peachbuggy said:

Agreed but for me it is definitely the 1st point that made it all the more surprising. Switch isn't all that competitive Vs. PS4 in the U.K. Japan results should be interesting. Am expecting the PS4 version to win out there, which would be quite bizarre, compared  to the U.K. results.

Shiken said:
I feel like a game like this, which is not very demanding anyway, is sure to have higher Switch sales than PS4 sales. There is really no reason to choose the PS4 version over the Switch if you have both in this case.

There is a 3rd reason I'd like to add that makes this a bit more surprising, and that's the fact that Vesperia was not available on PS3 outside of Japan. So a lot of PS4 owners (who didn't have an X360) probably never played Vesperia.

Oh. I wasn't aware of that. Makes it even more impressive then! 

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

It's not that surprising. Looking at the list- the other more popular third party titles aren't even available on the Switch: Red Dead, Call of Duty, Battlefield, GTA. Even FIFA - although available on the Switch- may have been overlooked in favor of Tales due to it being a gimped version compared to the PS4/Xbox versions.

Farsala said:
peachbuggy said:

Nothing to with "Little wins" and tbh it's not necessarily about the game itself.  More to do with the fact that any game released at the same time as PS4 on Switch would be expected to sell better on the former. Given the strength of Sony in said market and by extension, Nintendo's weakness, for any 3rd party game on Switch that outsells its PS4 counterpart has done rather well.  I posted this because it genuinely surprised and shocked me.

Any multiplat game can sell more physical units on Switch than the PS4. PS4 sells a lot of SW, but I would still expect many games on Switch to outsell the PS4 version physically. The PS3 had a few of those against the 360 in the early days, and the XB1 might have a few of those against the PS4. The Switch especially has a new playerbase thirsty for good games with the attach ratio expected to improve, while the PS4 approaches 10 games per system and about to be phased out for PS5.

I still feel for it to happen in the U.K., traditionally 1 of Nintendo's weaker markets is pretty impressive. As you yourself mentioned, the PS4 still has a massive userbase. 1 that is probably just as active as Switch userbase, yet in the U.K. at least, several times larger.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Farsala said:

You aren't reading what I am saying, so quite frankly I am done wasting my time with you. I don't care how you classify it, as established in bold.

Yet you went to the same argument again later in the post so of course I'm going to address if you keep bringing it up, I've read what you said just fine ironically it's you who hasn't read what I posted as seen with how you responded to the association part.

I felt it a bit harsh so I will address only this once again.

You said "UK is NS' weakest market by a significant margin"

Which is simply far from the truth. I use Middle East as an example of a "market", to somewhat alleviate the massive disparity in information available. NS has weaker markets by far.

Zombie9ers said:
It's not that surprising. Looking at the list- the other more popular third party titles aren't even available on the Switch: Red Dead, Call of Duty, Battlefield, GTA. Even FIFA - although available on the Switch- may have been overlooked in favor of Tales due to it being a gimped version compared to the PS4/Xbox versions.

Well i feel it's impressive for the Switch to have a game that outsells its PS4 counterpart in the U.K.

Farsala said:
Wyrdness said:

Yet you went to the same argument again later in the post so of course I'm going to address if you keep bringing it up, I've read what you said just fine ironically it's you who hasn't read what I posted as seen with how you responded to the association part.

Which is simply far from the truth. I use Middle East as an example of a "market", to somewhat alleviate the massive disparity in information available. NS has weaker markets by far.

Fair enough as I meant one of their weakest.

Farsala said:
Wyrdness said:

When I see people say that UK is its weakest market, I always take that as weakest of the major markets that this site tracks (US/UK/FR/GER/JAP)

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Farsala said:

When I see people say that UK is its weakest market, I always take that as weakest of the major markets that this site tracks (US/UK/FR/GER/JAP)

Yeah that's fine to say. But I take things literally sometimes. I would definitely say JAP>FR>US>GER>UK.