By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you keep playing a bad game?

m0ney said:
flashfire926 said:
Youre not wrong, Onrush is fucking trash, and a letdown conpared to Driveclub and Motorstorm.

What a shame, I didn't even know it was out already.

It was a PS+ game in North America. I think from last month's offerings.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:

Does anyone remember a gem two generations ago called The Simpsons: Hit and Run?  Almost every Simpsons license game was utter trash, but Hit and Run was probably 1 out of 2 Simpsons game that was worth a buy and justified the twisted sense of humor of the Simpsons franchise.  I ended up beating this game, and because I had enjoyed the game so much wondered why did I ever traded it in?  But while the far majority of the game kept my spirits up, there was one aspect of that game that got me cursing in the wee hours in the morning.  Let's just say that racing games and I do not mix for the most part, and I had to employ a cheat to to pass all racing sequences in Hit and Run.

Fast forward to today.  Some of you know that I've bought into PlayStation Plus, and one of the free games that was offered recently was OnRush.  It's sort of a racing/Twisted Metal sort of game.  You finish the "race" by achieving objectives before your team of opponents do.  Now, it's fairly common for practically all of us to have late night gaming sessions.  We all do that.  But why, dear God why, did I stay up from Friday night to 4:30 Saturday morning playing OnRush both online and offline cursing and screaming as the screen almost after every round including the ones that I had won with a slight majority of wins under my belt?  Admittedly, I recognize that it's a fairly quality game in itself.  So it's not so much of a bad game, but I just suck at racing I'll admit.  But I was much better off starting a new game of Bloodborne or Persona 5.  Or I could have went back to finished up the Sly Trilogy with Sly 3.  Maybe start watching Attack on Titan Season 2.  But, nope.  I had to waste my precious evening weekend on a game and genre that fuels the toxicity of the mass casual gamer.  In fact, I was far better off watching these reality tv shows where skanks and hos get process at detention centers after getting arrested on COPS.  So maybe there is some truth when some people say that video games are such a waste of time because I know my time was.

So... Why do you keep playing a bad game?

To answer your question, I used to try to beat all games I got my hands on, just as if it was my duty. Not any more.

flashfire926 said:
Youre not wrong, Onrush is fucking trash, and a letdown conpared to Driveclub and Motorstorm.

C'mon, it's not that bad. I had fun with the game and it made sense to me after playing some of the single player racings. I got how it worked and I've played it many hours.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Because it´s .... not bad at all ?

I think if we stick to any particular game for a long time, it´s because that game probably has something that feel good to us.

There are some games that I played extensively, but were considered "mediocre" by critics in general. A good example is Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights (3ds). I only heard and read bad things about that game, but when I got it, it was actually fun and engaging. I completed all missions and collected all treasures. Other examples that come to my mind now are Lost In Shadow (Wii), Goonies II (NES) and a few sports games.

That´s why I never give too much attention to critics. I prefer to check some gameplay videos before getting any game

1) Wii Music as you can see from my earliest of posts. Played probably a good 50 hours or so of that.
2) Boom Blox: Bash Party (I think that is the name). I loved this game so much and played probably 70 hours+ of that game when I was young. I don't know if this game was good or bad, but I'm pretty sure it was a very casual game. Loved the game so much I eventually bought the original game as well lmao.

This has only happened to me once. I bought Final Fantasy XII at full price, and because of it, I convinced myself to keep playing it.

It was not worth it. Dull story, awful art, all around terrible, annoying, not fun game.

Around the Network

One reason might be close to unlock a platinum trophy, other reason might be because it's from a franchise I really like.

I played Devil May Cry 2 just to get some trophies.

bluemlittlem said:
1) Wii Music as you can see from my earliest of posts. Played probably a good 50 hours or so of that.
2) Boom Blox: Bash Party (I think that is the name). I loved this game so much and played probably 70 hours+ of that game when I was young. I don't know if this game was good or bad, but I'm pretty sure it was a very casual game. Loved the game so much I eventually bought the original game as well lmao.

YES WII MUSIC. Wish I had a capture card.

It's the perfect game to dissuade you and friends from ever entering into the music industry, until you realize how little it has to do with other rhythm games.

I remember the first song I played with my friends, one of them gave up half way through the song, so his character remained silent while my other friend just held down one note like it was the ending to Whiplash.

After that night, I had to invite the same group of friends over and ambush them with the game to get them to keep playing it with me.

Because it's sonic damn it. I can't help it. For some reason I end up playing every 3d sonic game that releases including the latest forces. Now leave me alone, I'm gonna play as Megaman in smash and crush mario and pacman.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Bristow9091 said:
MasonADC said:
Also KH Rechain of memory was horrible on the first play through, but I had to know what happens in the story

I actually rather liked Chain of Memories, the card gameplay felt pretty cool and I liked making my own decks. Did you do the second story on it too?

Yes I did, and I enjoyed it. The main reason why I didn’t enjoy the game the first time round is due to me only truley understanding the card gameplay when I got near the end of the game. You can imagine how much I cheesed through the whole game. It’s safe to say that 358/2 days story saved my interest in the series