By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dataminers find lists indicating SNES games will be added to NSO line-up

Super Mario Kart

Super Soccer

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

Demon's Crest

Yoshi's Island

Stunt Race FX

Kirby's Dream Course

Pop'n Twinbee

Star Fox

Contra 3

Kirby Super Star

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts

Kirby's Dream Land 3

Super Metroid

Super Mario World

Pilotwings

F-ZERO

Star Fox 2

Super Punch-Out!!

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja

Super Mario All-Stars

Breath of Fire 2

All slated to be coming to NSO.
Source here.

Around the Network

Well, SNES is obviously coming to Switch sooner or later. I guess they could release a new console for the online service every year - by September they'll basically have run out of NES titles to release.

Dataminers who leaked Splatoon 2 updates have also said there are references to two or three more emulators inside the updated NES app, so two or three more systems might be added this year. My best guess is we'll get SNES when the next Direct happens and the GameBoy line (original/Color and Advance) later this year. If Nintendo bring SNES out and confirm more systems for this year I'll actually get a subscription.

N64 is a possibility, but I think the nature of the app rules out GameCube. The classic apps download the whole library of games - that wouldn't be feasible with GC, given the size of games and Switch's limited storage.

Nice! Once most of that list releases, i'll get the Nintendo online service.

If they were to release all that list at once, I would get a sub right away.

Around the Network

Good, but this should have been there from the beginning. They would have softened the blow from the online fee backlash.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I hope this is true. I payed for the whole year online and havent even used it once. Atleast with PSN, i get free games and occasionally play Battlefield or RDR2 online.

Solid list. I hope Stunt Race FX does come because I have pretty good memories playing at a friends house way back in the day. Haven't played it since.

1doesnotsimply

Asriel said:
Dataminers who leaked Splatoon 2 updates have also said there are references to two or three more emulators inside the updated NES app, so two or three more systems might be added this year. My best guess is we'll get SNES when the next Direct happens and the GameBoy line (original/Color and Advance) later this year. If Nintendo bring SNES out and confirm more systems for this year I'll actually get a subscription.

N64 is a possibility, but I think the nature of the app rules out GameCube. The classic apps download the whole library of games - that wouldn't be feasible with GC, given the size of games and Switch's limited storage.

While 1GB of storage is enough to hold at least 64 N64 games (based on the average size of 16MB per game), which is probably more than we will ever see, with the GC you'd be lucky if you could fit one game in the same space. Of course they could introduce some heavy compression, streaming etc, but I'm pretty sure this isn't something that we should be worried about as most likely we're not gonna see a single GC game released for the (current) Switch, apart from the fully paid remastered versions maybe.

Good. I hope they announce it soon in a direct so people can shut the fuck up about whining for SNES games.