By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dataminers find lists indicating SNES games will be added to NSO line-up

But where is Supre Mario RPG!?

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

Where are RPGs in general?? Not a single one on the service or even slated to be coming. There aren't really any lengthy games on the service. (They'll probably just put them on the eShop for a price, knowing Nintendo)

RingoGaSuki said:
Dulfite said:

Where are RPGs in general?? Not a single one on the service or even slated to be coming. There aren't really any lengthy games on the service. (They'll probably just put them on the eShop for a price, knowing Nintendo)

Breath of Fire 2 is on the list. Wider RPG support really depends on how willing third parties are to support the service. Nintendo could put Earthbound and Super Mario RPG on there at some point, but Square Enix and other publishers are responsible for the bulk of SNES RPGs.

And yet still no Actraiser. When are these people going to realize that people want Actraiser? (Or at least I want Actraiser.) Where other game out there plays like Actraiser? There isn't one.

I see what you did. Delayed SNES on online to sell more SNES minis.
Discontinued SNES mini, and now is ok to launch SNES games on online

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
Not even with N64 games would be worth it. Put in Gamecube and Gameboy Advance games and then we might have something.

I’m the opposite, GBA had Fire Emblem and the extra content on the FF4 remake that I wouldn’t mind playing again. Gamecube is the one Nintendo console I couldn’t care less about; not including stuff like Virtual Boy or Game and Watch.

Otherwise, I’m having a blast playing around with the old NES games. I agree with the people who want more RPGs - especially from the SNES era. 

Anyway, on the SNES list, Contra 3 is most interesting to me because I haven’t played it before. Breath of Fire 2 happens to be one of the more recent RPGs I have replayed through, so while I’m an RPG guy, this one is at the bottom of my list of “RPGs I want to play on SNES.” - Chrono Trigger, Illusion of Time, and Terranigma are the games I want the most on SNES. Also, the full DKC trilogy would be very welcome. Turtles in Time!

On NES, get the REAL Ducktails, not that atrocity of a remake.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 14 January 2019

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Solid list. I hope Stunt Race FX does come because I have pretty good memories playing at a friends house way back in the day. Haven't played it since.

I absolutely love that game and featured it in one of my pick-up videos.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

It's a great list. But I was really hoping for Earthbound to be there as well. Actually, I was kinda hoping that they would also add Earthbound Beginnings to the NES collection.

Same data miners suggesting that SNES games could be start releasing next month already.

Asriel said:
Dataminers who leaked Splatoon 2 updates have also said there are references to two or three more emulators inside the updated NES app, so two or three more systems might be added this year. My best guess is we'll get SNES when the next Direct happens and the GameBoy line (original/Color and Advance) later this year. If Nintendo bring SNES out and confirm more systems for this year I'll actually get a subscription.

N64 is a possibility, but I think the nature of the app rules out GameCube. The classic apps download the whole library of games - that wouldn't be feasible with GC, given the size of games and Switch's limited storage.

That's interesting point, hole N64 library takes like 2-3GB, GameCube games takes much more but I dont think they would be deal breaker in any case, because GC games take around 1GB per game, and Nintendo probably wouldnt offer hole GC library in any case, maybe 10-20 games top.