By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why did Jesus Christ sacrifice his self for you?

JWeinCom said: 
Mr_No said:
He died because of our sins, simple as that.

But I knew this thread would only devolve on jokes or "he did not exist", completely deviating from the topic at hand, like all other threads with religious topics...

It's not deviating from the topic at hand.  It is directly addressing it.  For a claim with no evidence "that didn't happen" is a perfectly valid response.  For a ridiculous claim ridicule is appropriate. 

I don't know about you since I've never seen you comment on the site, but these kind of threads, including this one, usually devolve into meme sharing, blatant mockery and derailment on the majority of times. And addressing the issue with haughtiness and mockery just because there's no evidence will only make that person sound like noise in the wind since I thought, and correct me if I'm wrong, arguments of this caliber are made to change the minds of those with opposing thoughts, not to throw mud on them and on what they believe.

In the end you're just preaching to the choir, ironically, while doing nothing to change the minds of the ones in the opposing side.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
That's not the question that's always puzzled me.

What I want to know is, in what way was it even remotely necessary? How does any of this make sense? God only forgave us because his kid allowed himself to be tortured and executed? Which god allowed to happen in the first place? I mean, are you kidding me?

Jesus aside, god doesn't sound like someone I can respect.

As crazy as it sounds, I do believe in the person that is Jesus. Do I believe what he claimed himself to be? No, but I think he had good intentions for all humanity to label himself the Son of God. I think he is just like any other important figure throughout history that wanted to change the world. He sincerely looked at how pathetic humans were during that era and wanted humankind to be better. I think he was the first to preach the word of "love" and the power behind it. To love one another and not hate. To be better to one another and not kill one another or abuse one another, ourselves, etc. He NEEDED to go to extremes in order for the message of "love" to really hit home and for it to leave a lasting impression on all of humankind. And to be honest, it truly worked. It was a powerful message and story. So much so even to this day people will do ANYTHING to wipe his name off the face of this earth...like he didn't exist. The romans and those who didn't believe in him would do ANYTHING remotely possible to wipe the evidence of his existence. Wipe out ALL those who witnessed the death and resurrection. All those witnesses would spread the word and it STILL has survived to this day. Nothing has changed...you have the believers and the non believers. The fact that the name of Jesus has survived all these freaking years is proof enough of the man's existence. There is no way a name like that would survive unless he truly impacted the lives of people who knew him and were taught his teachings and philosophies. Moses, David, you name it....they all were REAL. And now there is more proof than ever about the history of these remarkable human beings. They are excavating the buildings/homes in Jersusalem/Bethlehem...they have just found David's home and they are all buried as to wipe them out. Anyway, if one wants to look they only have to check it out on youtube.

Back in the day, Jesus was seen as dangerous and feared amongst the powerful. Why? Because this man out of nowhere comes here and states all these powerful messages and has a committed, dedicated following group of people who will never betray him. 

And I strongly STRONGLY believe in the act of true faith and belief which I admit I do not even possess. I think back in the day, without all the technology and gadgets, people were closer to the spirits of the world. Technology will further you from all that is pure and natural. I strongly believe this. I believe those who have seen miracles are the purest kinds of people. They have that strong faith and belief in God and I honestly believe that God decides who he wishes to approach, whatever it is that God may be. Spirit energy or whatever...

But yeah, in the end...we can just look at Jesus as being the first true celebrity of the world. Except what he had to do to get noticed was something devastating and unimaginable...he didn't really truly do anything wrong to anybody. He didn't harm anybody, yet they wanted to kill him. That is powerful stuff. And I think many to this day can relate to this powerful story. It truly leaves a lasting impression that no one will ever ever forget so long as humans are alive on this earth.

So yeah, I may not believe in all the Son of God stuff but I do believe in the man that attempted to better the human race. And if it meant by creating a story of himself, then so be it. It worked. Look at how many people look to him as an example to become a better person and to treat others better. I'd say the man was revolutionary for his time.

I feel like I'm rambling but this is such a difficult topic to undertake and discuss sometimes. Difficult to express my thoughts on this matter.

He didn't

I LOVE ICELAND!

To all those asking for scientific proof:

Well science said that butter is bad for us, then everybody went to margarine and them science said that butter is better than margarine and then margarine is the real problem.

Science said animal fat was bad, industry food went to vegetal fat, everybody got heart diseases and heart attacks for decades, then science found out that animal fat vs vegetal fat is not that simple and that animal fat can actually be better, like butter.

Science said that eggs are bad to our hearts, then it's not, science says it's actually good, because they found out stuff that they haven't found out before.

Science said that coffee is bad, now it's not so bad.

Science can't make up its mind about Wine.

Science said that the world would go to a new ice age. Then global warming. It didn't work very well. Now it's climate change (neigher very hot nor very cold). Tomorrow is gonna be something else.

Science thought that diseases were cause by lots of things. Doctors used to perform surgeries with bare dirty hands. Then they found out that bacteria exist. They didn't know before that bacteria exist. They know now. It exists.

Science said that the black race was inferior to white race. The overall non Western race was underdeveloped. It was taught on many universities. Then it became racism, DNA came out and such. Science knows now that it was all nonsense.

What science knew yesterday or never knew, they know today, or doesn't, they can change their minds. They can see today things that they didn't see and in the future they'll see things that they don't today.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

0D0 said:

Well science said that butter is bad for us, then everybody went to margarine and them science said that butter is better than margarine and then margarine is the real problem.

Science said animal fat was bad, industry food went to vegetal fat, everybody got heart diseases and heart attacks for decades, then science found out that animal fat vs vegetal fat is not that simple and that animal fat can actually be better, like butter.

Science said that eggs are bad to our hearts, then it's not, science says it's actually good, because they found out stuff that they haven't found out before.

Science said that the world would go to a new ice age. Then global warming. It didn't work very well. Now it's climate change (neigher very hot nor very cold). Tomorrow is gonna be something else.

Science thought that diseases were cause by lots of things. Doctors used to perform surgeries with bare dirty hands. Then they found out that bacteria exist. They didn't know before that bacteria exist. They know now. It exists.

Science said that the black race was inferior to white race. The overall non Western race was underdeveloped. It was taught on many universities. Then it became racism, DNA came out and such. Science knows now that it was all nonsense.

What science knew yesterday or never knew, they know today, or doesn't, they can change their minds. They can see today things that they didn't see and in the future they'll see things that they don't today.

Yes! Screw science!!! What does it ever did for me. Technology, medicine, physics, knowledge all of what is being made by Satan! 

Never ever should there be a method that is changing what is already known and said by people thousands of years ago. Lightning is still being created by Zeus and no science can tell me otherwise! 

Gravity is just a theory. It's all buoyancy! The earth is flat because I used science to pro ....wait what?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Peh said:
0D0 said:

Yes! Screw science!!! What does it ever did for me. Technology, medicine, physics, knowledge all of what is being made by Satan! 

Never ever should there be a method that is changing what is already known and said by people thousands of years ago. Lightning is still being created by Zeus and no science can tell me otherwise! 

Gravity is just a theory. It's all buoyancy! The earth is flat because I used science to pro ....wait what?

Exactly. That's exactly what I meant. :D

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

0D0 said:

You don't look at a single study and claim it is definite truth. When a headline about how something works or is pop ups in the news, even if it comes from scientists and a scientific group, you need to research how much has that study been subjected to peer reviews and recreated.

The media is the one guilty of having us constantly bombarded by single studies that have not been peer-reviewed. There is no easy solution that can align ourselves to the truth but by doing the work ourselves and doing a research of studies when we want to get to the core truth about something.

There is absolutely NOTHING that those who claim the magical sky daddy exist have submitted for falsification. There is NO descriptive nature of reality that includes the magical sky daddy. You don't raise a stone, look inside a tree and find a tag that says: "Made in Heaven".

There is accountability and correction in the field of science and that demonstrates it's ultimate goal to pursuit the truth and science has given us  countless of advances in technology that have benefited our species achieved thanks to the way science has revealed absolute behaviors of the nature of reality that we then manipulate at our will.

The people from the parties of god do nothing but apologetics and offer nothing for corroboration.

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

aiwass said:

He "sacrificed" himself (he's God, so I don't imagine it's too much of an inconvenience), gets to come back to life, AND gets to go to Heaven in the end. What about mortal people who have died in more gruesome ways in selfless acts who DON'T get to come back to life? Ultimately, the whole story isn't that impressive even if you believe it.

Why did he supposedly do it? I dunno, seems like absurd theatre for a timeless creator of the universe who takes a vested interest in where people place their reproductive organs.

craighopkins said: 

Jesus Quote "Seek me with all your heart and you will find me."

I sincerely sought it out for the majority of my life. Being surrounded by believers made it a profound inconvenience not to be convinced by this stuff. I still appreciate the church community and wish I still had the friendships that I lost due to my deconversion. As an omnipotent, all-knowing agent who knows exactly how many hairs are on my head, he would also know exactly what criteria is necessary to convince me of the religion. This quote, I'm sorry to say, is a load of old waffle.

Preach

aiwass said:

I sincerely sought it out for the majority of my life. Being surrounded by believers made it a profound inconvenience not to be convinced by this stuff. I still appreciate the church community and wish I still had the friendships that I lost due to my deconversion. As an omnipotent, all-knowing agent who knows exactly how many hairs are on my head, he would also know exactly what criteria is necessary to convince me of the religion. This quote, I'm sorry to say, is a load of old waffle.

I have no idea how I missed this nice post. If it weren't for danasider quoting you up there I would have missed it.

That line I put on bold right there is something I thought about around a year ago.

The god-thing as is proposed by believers sell him as an all-knowing god that knows exactly what it takes to convince you that he is real.

Believers claim the god-thing approaches everyone at some point in their lives to let them know he is real.

With that extract of religious mythology in mind the conclusion is the following: there could not exist a single person who is not a believer because...

A) God knows everything so he knows what will take to convince you

B) God doesn't make mistakes.

C) He will make an effort to let you know he is real (how can he fail at the action of letting you know he is real when he knows what it takes to convert anyone and is capable of accomplishing anything? People are imperfect and are bound to misread the alleged "message")

D) People still don't believe and, in the case of the Christian religion (but any religion applies as well), most people don't accept Jesus as the true son of god

- If there are still people who don't believe, then that poses the following questions:

1) God knew exactly what it would take to convert a person, why didn't he made the right approach? I mean, he can do anything.

2) If god knew the approach would fail, why even try at all? You could claim god doesn't approach everyone, I guess, but that would pose the question: why doesn't god approach everyone and why am I guilty of not believing in god when god has not approached me the way he has approached other people?

Of course, this is all a game of playing with the mythology of particular religions. The fact of the matter is that none of those questions and claims should even matter when the existence of said god is so outside of the descriptive nature of reality that you cannot even define what a god is, but instead have people giving their own interpretations of what they feel and come up with when they think of the idea of a "god".

Last edited by AbbathTheGrim - on 14 January 2019

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Really? Is the site begining with their crazy fanatism? Please keep the site focused and clean, make an effort you people. This is a gaming site not a religious or politics one. There a ton of that in the net, use a search engine. And most important repect other beliefs including atheists. The world doesn´t moves around you only.