Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi’s Crafted World launches March 29

zorg1000 said: 

Fire Emblem

Fates-2.85m

I love you. 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Yoshi seems like way more effort went into it than those games, and while I confess I'm not very familiar with the series, isn't Fire Emblem considered a big deal now following the 3DS entries and the mobile game?

Let's look at all these franchises entries on 3DS/Wii U.

Yoshi

New Island-1.94m

Woolly World-1.55m

Woolly World 3DS port-under 1m

Kirby

Triple Deluxe-2.37m

Planet Robobot-1.51m

Battle Royale/Rainbow Curse-under 1m

Mario Party

Island Tour-2.68m

MP10-2.19m

Star Rush/Top 100-under 1m

Mario Tennis

Open-1.52m

Ultra Smash-under 1m

Fire Emblem

Awakening-2.24m

Fates-2.85m

Echoes-under 1m

They are all right there in the same tier.

Yoshi kind of is filler in terms of sales power, it just feels like much more of a quality product as opposed to Kirby/Tennis/Party which felt rather generic and uninspired.

As for Fire Emblem, as I said I'm not overly familiar with it, though being something a bit different from typical Nintendo fare it should do more for broadening the system's appeal than another entry in the kind of games Switch already has well covered.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Yoshi seems like way more effort went into it than those games, and while I confess I'm not very familiar with the series, isn't Fire Emblem considered a big deal now following the 3DS entries and the mobile game?

Yoshi

New Island-1.94m

Woolly World-1.55m

Kirby

Triple Deluxe-2.37m

Planet Robobot-1.51m

Mario Party

Island Tour-2.68m

MP10-2.19m

Mario Tennis

Open-1.52m

Ultra Smash-under 1m

Fire Emblem

Awakening-2.24m

Fates-2.85m

Echoes-under 1m

Where'd you get these numbers for Awakening & Fates?

And I don't think I would put Mario Party in the same tier as Kirby, Yoshi, and Fire Emblem. Based on Super Mario Party's current sales and trend, it's closer to the A tier titles than the B tiers. 
Mario Party is a bit of a Wild Card honestly. I wouldn't put it on the B tiers alongside the others I just mentioned, but I also wouldn't put it up on the same class as the A Tiers.

curl-6 said:

Yoshi kind of is filler in terms of sales power, it just feels like much more of a quality product as opposed to Kirby/Tennis/Party which felt rather generic and uninspired.

As for Fire Emblem, as I said I'm not overly familiar with it, though being something a bit different from typical Nintendo fare it should do more for broadening the system's appeal than another entry in the kind of games Switch already has well covered.

How much experience do you have with the Kirby series?

ARamdomGamer said:
curl-6 said:

A fair bit. I know it's highly experimental outside of the core Dreamland series. Still, Star Allies didn't feel like a particularly inspired. It was essentially a traditional Kirby game, just in HD. Which is fine and all, and probably what a lot of fans wanted, but not something that really stood as an impressive, standout Switch game. Just my humble opinion of course.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

Yoshi

New Island-1.94m

Woolly World-1.55m

Kirby

Triple Deluxe-2.37m

Planet Robobot-1.51m

Mario Party

Island Tour-2.68m

MP10-2.19m

Mario Tennis

Open-1.52m

Ultra Smash-under 1m

Fire Emblem

Awakening-2.24m

Fates-2.85m

Echoes-under 1m

How is the jump from Woolly World to Crafted World more significant than the jump from Return to Dreamland to Star Allies or Mario Party 10 to Super Mario Party?

Yes, Fire Emblem is different from your typical in house, colorful Nintendo game but so was Octopath Traveler last year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

How is the jump from Woolly World to Crafted World more significant than the jump from Return to Dreamland to Star Allies or Mario Party 10 to Super Mario Party?

Yes, Fire Emblem is different from your typical in house, colorful Nintendo game but so was Octopath Traveler last year.

It's less about the jump and more that it just seems like a game with more heart and soul put into it, more stylistic individuality and craftsmanship.

I don't recall ever calling Octopath Traveler filler.

curl-6 said:
ARamdomGamer said:

A fair bit. I know it's highly experimental outside of the core Dreamland series. Still, Star Allies didn't feel like a particularly inspired. It was essentially a traditional Kirby game, just in HD. Which is fine and all, and probably what a lot of fans wanted, but not something that really stood as an impressive, standout Switch game. Just my humble opinion of course.

Fair enough, but I'll say that is as much of a traditional title as the rest of the mainline platformers, a similar amount of heart and soul, if not more, that HAL has injected into the series since its beginnings.

I guess if I can put it in a sentence, is that every Kirby game is standout title in the system for the fact of being a Kirby game, mainline games are highly consistent and always surpassing that wow factor and cultivating a lore that the series has never really shied away from and all the spin offs being experimental and highly polished.

PAOerfulone said:
zorg1000 said:

Yoshi

New Island-1.94m

Woolly World-1.55m

Kirby

Triple Deluxe-2.37m

Planet Robobot-1.51m

Mario Party

Island Tour-2.68m

MP10-2.19m

Mario Tennis

Open-1.52m

Ultra Smash-under 1m

Fire Emblem

Awakening-2.24m

Fates-2.85m

Echoes-under 1m

Where'd you get these numbers for Awakening & Fates?

And I don't think I would put Mario Party in the same tier as Kirby, Yoshi, and Fire Emblem. Based on Super Mario Party's current sales and trend, it's closer to the A tier titles than the B tiers. 
Mario Party is a bit of a Wild Card honestly. I wouldn't put it on the B tiers alongside the others I just mentioned, but I also wouldn't put it up on the same class as the A Tiers.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-software-and-hardware-sales-data-from-1983-to-present.2725/

Mario Party has potential to surpass those other franchises as seen on DS/Wii (Swirch version looking to reach those heights as well) but I was comparing those franchises during last generation on 3DS/Wii U where Mario Party was in the same tier as Yoshi/Kirby/FE/Tennis.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

It's less about the jump and more that it just seems like a game with more heart and soul put into it, more stylistic individuality and craftsmanship.

I don't recall ever calling Octopath Traveler filler.

Sure, it has a better art style but looking at the previous Yoshi game by Feel-Good, it is in the same tier in terms of commercial/critical reception as the "filler" titles like Kirby/Tennis/Party.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, in a previous thread we had an argument over 2018s "filler" titles and I thought Octopath was included.