By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi’s Crafted World launches March 29

Mar1217 said:
Luke888 said:
Everyone called a March release on this hone TBH

Except all those people who called it for May/June :P

Why would they release Yoshi in June ? Lol. Fire Emblem had April/May written on its forehead since the announcement of the FE Expo, since Yoshi was in the September Direct and FE was not, as well as Yoshi appearing before FE in any Nintendo document it was clear Yoshi was bound to release before Fire Emblem, hence in March.

The June game is likely not announced yet since in the past years we got Mario Tennis and ARMS announced early in the year (but I don't want to find patterns where there are likely none)

Around the Network

I expected a release around March so that is great to hear! The timing is perfect for me: We'll fly to New York two days after the game's release and it's a 10 hour flight. Yoshi should keep us busy.

Also tgey have yokai watch but i dont expect it to be a ww release :(.. when is dq coming?

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
wombat123 said:

I was hoping for a late February release and a late March release for Fire Emblem: Three Houses.  Now it feels like Nintendo is going to lean hard on Three Houses to carry the 1st half of the year.

You don't think Town or AC has a chance at a June release? They have Town, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing and Pokemon left for big heavy hitters and I kind of doubt that all those would be the last half of the year with only 2 big games releasing in the first half.

There's a possibility for another big title for the 1st half if there's a January/early February Direct but I really think Nintendo is going to go hard in trying to turn Fire Emblem into a franchise that can carry a financial quarter due to the success of Fire Emblem Heroes.  As for Nintendo's other heavy hitters, I can see Nintendo releasing Animal Crossing in July to carry the 2nd fiscal quarter like Splatoon 2 did in 2017 while using Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokemon and this year's Zelda game (I think it's a 2D Zelda title this year) to provide a holiday 1-2-3 punch like they did in 2018 with Super Mario Party, Pokemon and Smash.

One other title that I think can be released in the 1st half of the year is Daemon X Machina since it has already been shown at three events: E3, Gamescon and the September direct.

Last Nintendo 3ds game?

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Last Nintendo 3ds game?

I expect more cheap to develop ports that keep the handheld alive for another year.  I'm convinced that Nintendo will refuse to kill off the 3DS until the Switch can be sold at ~200 dollars.

Last edited by wombat123 - on 09 January 2019

Kerotan said:
Last Nintendo 3ds game?

I expect one more game, the swan song. Link's Awakening remake.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

RolStoppable said:
drinkandswim said:
One of two things:

1) no direct
2) clearing room for the direct of things they dont feel like need spend time on.

I'd say wrong on both accounts.

There's bound to be a Direct because a release schedule for the coming months has to be announced, and Yoshi's Crafted World will be shown in that Direct. This announcement of YCW's release date should be understood as an appetizer.

Yoshi has already been shown for hours. I would think they would have one closer to the release dedicated to the game. But i do believe there should be a direct soon.

wombat123 said:
Kerotan said:
Last Nintendo 3ds game?

I expect more cheap to develop ports that keep the handheld alive for another year.  I'm convinced that Nintendo will refuse to kill off the 3DS until the Switch can be sold at ~200 dollars.

flashfire926 said:
Kerotan said:
Last Nintendo 3ds game?

How did you guys just miss that Kerotan called Yoshi a 3DS game ...

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
wombat123 said:

flashfire926 said:

How did you guys just miss that Kerotan called Yoshi a 3DS game ...

I forgot the thread was specifically about Yoshi's Crafted World and assumed he was talking about Kirby's Epic Yarn.