Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 sales surpass 91.6 million, Spiderman over 9 million

CGI-Quality said:
FentonCrackshell said:
PS4 doesn’t do 110m. Will be 100m-105m. On the low end of that.

Providing this kind of easy necrobumpin' material doesn't come too often these days!

And some people don't believe that even now there are thoses who think PS4 won't pass Wii sales.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network
FentonCrackshell said:
PS4 doesn’t do 110m. Will be 100m-105m. On the low end of that.

Many post to bump later.

PS4 will most likely crawl over the Wii's Total's and hit 105M, since the PS5 is just around the corner,Late 2019 or Early 2020.
If the PS5 doesnt happen until Late 2020-Early 2021, expect a price Drop and about 112M+ in sales or so.

bluemlittlem said:
PS4 will most likely crawl over the Wii's Total's and hit 105M, since the PS5 is just around the corner,Late 2019 or Early 2020.
If the PS5 doesnt happen until Late 2020-Early 2021, expect a price Drop and about 112M+ in sales or so.

It should sit around 105-106m by year's end, and will reach that comfortably. 

I expect a price drop and nothing under 120m when all has concluded.

bluemlittlem said:

Even if the PS5 was announced tomorrow and launches late this year, PS4 would hit 100M+ by the end of the year. They haven't even dropped the price to $249, let alone $199. PS4 sales are not going to drop like a rock. 120M+ is doable.

Around the Network

Spiderman is an absolute beast! 20 Million lifetime is achievable!

PS4 doing PS things. 100 Million sold without a permanent price cut! Has a console ever reached this benchmark with a price this high? I think people are underestimating what a price drop would do for the PS4. Especially in Europe + ROTW.

PotentHerbs said:

PS4 doing PS things. 100 Million sold without a permanent price cut! Has a console ever reached this benchmark with a price this high? I think people are underestimating what a price drop would do for the PS4. Especially in Europe + ROTW.

I believe it was only given a usd$50 price cut/also in £€¥ to the same value or around it, I know in Japan it was m a bit more expensive until Sony brought the price down to match the world recently. 

PwerlvlAmy said:
Depending on PS5 release/announcement. PS4 should be hitting 100m this year. It should catch the Wii, but wont catch PS2 though,but then again what will?

Yep. Not only PS4 will catch Wii, but it will pass it by 7-8M, easily, by the end of the year.   Right now PS4 just passed 92M, so we are not expecting PS4 to sell less than 9M by the end of 2019 right, with a price cut incoming ? Wii only sold 101M and something, so maths are very easy. We shouldn't even discuss about it, it's obvious.

PS2 numbers ? mmm, not possible, but 130M+ by the end of PS4 life cycle is something that can be discussed, and it's actually my forecast.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

PotentHerbs said:

20 million lifetime ?! Yeah : D End of 2019, my predicion... 15 million units.

Nate4Drake said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Depending on PS5 release/announcement. PS4 should be hitting 100m this year. It should catch the Wii, but wont catch PS2 though,but then again what will?

Yep. Not only PS4 will catch Wii, but it will pass it by 7-8M, easily, by the end of the year.   Right now PS4 just passed 92M, so we are not expecting PS4 to sell less than 9M by the end of 2019 right, with a price cut incoming ? Wii only sold 101M and something, so maths are very easy. We shouldn't even discuss about it, it's obvious.

PS2 numbers ? mmm, not possible, but 130M+ by the end of PS4 life cycle is something that can be discussed, and it's actually my forecast.

PS2 numbers, thats hard. But i hope it for the PlayStation 4, best GAMES-CONSOLE is the last years. So many fantastic west-and japanese games, i'm very happy.

Game of the Year 2020: Ghost of Tsushima, Persona 5 Royal or The Last of Us 2 ?!

PotentHerbs said:

Right, PS4 has been available in India for the same price and even increased in price sometime between in the last 3 years. I'm talking of the 500 GB version. The 1 TB costs a lot more, it costs a $100 more and has increased in price since release.