By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 sales surpass 91.6 million, Spiderman over 9 million

DonFerrari said:
mjk45 said:

The 50% prediction sounds like someone's hopes being used to make a forecast , can you link who said that and did they underpin that with reasoning or just wishful thinking.

Drinkandswin (not alone on being overoptimistic, but to this extent I think only him).

Basically he thinks about Switch getting a HH pricetag in the future, and X1 and PS4 sales dropping a lot.

Plus of course Nintendo predicting this FY to be 20M (instead of probable 18M) made 25M for FY19, 22M for FY20  and 20M for FY21 (same as FY18) reasonable on his analysis.

So no  PS5 or XBOX 2 in his future horizon .

Around the Network
SilenceDeadly said:
100M By August pretty much locked!

good prediction. I think earlier, a little bit :)

Resident Evil 2 remake and Kingdom Hearts 3 are getting very big, this month. And many other games on PS4 appear in the first quarter of 2019 (Days Gone, Jump Force, One Piece Game, Ace Combat 7, Catherine, ToV, Anthem, Devil May Cry 5, Dead or Alive 6 ect)

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 13 January 2019

"The Last of Us 2" is officially Game of the Year 2020, worldwide. Ghost of Tsushima-Artwork:

SilenceDeadly said:
100M By August pretty much locked!

This will be the greatest party in vgchartz history. Return of the king. 

PS4 still has some years left. Surely this year there will be PS4 Pro slim with a price cut

mjk45 said:
DonFerrari said:

Drinkandswin (not alone on being overoptimistic, but to this extent I think only him).

Basically he thinks about Switch getting a HH pricetag in the future, and X1 and PS4 sales dropping a lot.

Plus of course Nintendo predicting this FY to be 20M (instead of probable 18M) made 25M for FY19, 22M for FY20  and 20M for FY21 (same as FY18) reasonable on his analysis.

So no  PS5 or XBOX 2 in his future horizon .

Funny that you ask. He thinks PS5 will do considerably lower than PS4 (because Switch will have a 70M userbase and most gamers and games will prefer it then the new platform) while X720 will die a painfull death.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

PS4 doesn’t do 110m. Will be 100m-105m. On the low end of that.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

exclusive_console said:
PS4 still has some years left. Surely this year there will be PS4 Pro slim with a price cut

Sure, probably not needed but a slim Pro alongside the normal slim is not a bad idea if it can be done.

FentonCrackshell said:

Based on what exactly?

I would say 110m is pretty much a lock at this point. 19 million throughout 2019 and 2020 is easily doable.

FentonCrackshell said:

^ remember this post when the PS4 does +16m this year(2019), and ends up around ~108m sold through.

Your low prediction should be beat this time next year (jan 2020).

FentonCrackshell said:

So for you it's impossible PS4 will do 110M total LT? And that you think it will end on the low end of your prediction of 100-105?

So you think that on the 18-24m before PS5 releases plus the other 24-48m before it is discountinued it will sell just 8.4M?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

FentonCrackshell said:

Providing this kind of easy necrobumpin' material doesn't come too often these days!