By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greedy Activi$ion strikes again: Acti starts charging for RETICLES in CoD BO4

If you are dumb enough to buy this then Activision deserve your money.

Around the Network

I wonder how many people actually bought this. It's so plain and pointless...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

You can both be annoyed by entitled outrage culture while simultaneously being against microtransactions overall. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

I think Activision is anticipating Bethesda does something stupid with Fallout 76 so the heat is taken off their backs... again.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
You can both be annoyed by entitled outrage culture while simultaneously being against microtransactions overall. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

I think more free content is good but if a publisher never stated that something would be free post launch people should not expect everything to be free because they already paid for the product they go. Anything after is up to the publisher. And anyways Treyarch has offered a lot of free content and BO4 has the ebst microtransaction system in recent years so complaining over a $1 dot is just stupid.

Around the Network

If you see no problem with charging for a red dot then you will continue being bent over. The company's job is do anything to give investors what they want money, our job as consumers is to pay the least amount money for the games we want. Between the corporations and consumers who is doing the best job? I don't understand why gamers will pay full price for example Destiny and Destiny 2 when these games were not finished when released. Consumers smarten up or it will get worse

mhsillen said:
If you see no problem with charging for a red dot then you will continue being bent over. The company's job is do anything to give investors what they want money, our job as consumers is to pay the least amount money for the games we want. Between the corporations and consumers who is doing the best job? I don't understand why gamers will pay full price for example Destiny and Destiny 2 when these games were not finished when released. Consumers smarten up or it will get worse

The Destiny and BO4 comparisons is like comparing apples to oranges. Before Destiny 1 launched Bungie and Activision lied about what would be in the game and later charged for what they promised day 1. That's a scummy business practice. For BO4 everything promised to launch with the game was there day 1 so we got the product we payed for. Anything they decide ti add post launch we shouldn't expect to be free because we didn't pay for that. Granted it's nice to still get some free content ( Bo4 has done a great job with free updates btw) but expecting it to free is entitlement. 

Sadly there's gonna be little kids who beg their parents to buy them these shady microtransactions. This is just going to get worse.

KManX89 said:
DakonBlackblade said:

How can you possibily think that selling a pixel is not a problem. I guess thats why these companies don't go out of business, they sell ppl a pixel for 1$ and they actualy buy it.

This.

CaptainExplosion said:

The issue is selling reticles, as in something that's free in every shooter besides this one. EVERY! SINGLE! ONE!

And this.

Jesus fucking Christ, people are actually defending Activi$ion selling them reticles in an FPS game, WTF?! I'll bet if they actually did charge for ammo like I talked about earlier (which I wouldn't put it past Activi$ion), they'd try to defend that as well. 

I see the day where they gonna start selling guns in FPS. As in, you'll have to start with just your fists and if you want more bang, shell out the bucks!

This is why modern day gaming is in the state it's in, because of people letting greedy companies like EA, Activi$ion, Konami, Ubisoft, WB, Take Two, etc. get away with it. Some people tried to defend Konami selling them $10 save slots as well, fucking SAVE SLOTS, a basic feature that's been free in every game since the NES days. What next? Charging to load the game up? Oh wait, I'll bet they'd try to defend THAT as well SMGDMFH. 

Let me spell it out in simple terms: if it's a basic feature, YOU DON'T FUCKING CHARGE FOR IT! Just like if it's on the disc, you don't fucking charge for it. That's like record companies saying "we'll charge you $5 extra for tracks 5, 10 and 11 on that CD you just bought".

This is why I mostly retrogame: No shitty monetisation and GOTY versions are complete unlike that MW2 rerelease that Activision did, both locking it behind a paywall of buying that year's CoD, but even removing features to sell them DLC down the line. There's a reason why my last Activison buy is older than their merge with Blizzard (and even several years older than the newest EA game I own, which is Dragon Age: Origins - from GOG with all the DLC included) : so greedy they don't deserve a single buck from me. I'd rather pirate one of their games than buy any, but since none of their games are anywhere close to what I'm playing, there's no risk to that either.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 03 January 2019

Replicant said:
COKTOE said:
It's near, or maybe even already at the point where I don't have the energy to discuss the antics of Activision, EA, Konami, Ubisoft, ect anymore. At least in any depth. Same thing with Trump. I feel like I gassed out throwing haymakers in the 3rd round, and my opponent is still standing. I will say this though ( yet again ): I stopped buying Activison games with COD: World At War ( although Diablo 3 did sneak past by accident ), and EA games with Dragon Age: Inquisition. Welcome to the club. I hope you can stick with it. I'm telling you, everything in your life will improve. Even food will taste better.

Gotta try this. I haven't bought a game from EA in ages but I'm still feeling sore from the last game I bought from Activision (Destiny 1). Unfortunately, I can't join you before I've bought Spyro Trilogy and Crash Team Racing.

Well at least those games aren't teeming with microtransactions, season passes, loot boxes, and other things that make me want to fight jason1637 in a parking lot. When Destiny 2 was offered with PS+ last summer, it became the first game from that service that I ever rejected. Easy call.  I have no doubt that elements of Destiny 2 are good, and even great, but the bad stuff.....To dust off an old chestnut: When you mix a bucket of ice cream with a bucket of shit, you get 2 buckets of shit.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."