By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greedy Activi$ion strikes again: Acti starts charging for RETICLES in CoD BO4

Wow, Activi$ion will literally stop at nothing to squeeze every penny they can out of players. They have the audacity to charge for, I shit you not, reticles on top of all the other shady shit they pulled just last year alone. They really want to pry the Most Hated Company award right out of EA's blood-soaked mitts, don't they? I warned you companies would start pulling shit like this after Konami tried selling SAVE SLOTS for $10. Corporate shills brushed it off like it was nothing, yet here we are, being charged for RED DOTS in a game, you can't make this shit up.

What next? Charging us for each shot fired or every time you reload your mag? So glad I didn't buy this game. I won't be buying any games from Activi$ion moving forward, this is beyond pathetic. I never thought I'd see the day where companies would charge us for save slots or red dots in a game, yet here we are. Welcome to modern day gaming, folks. 

Last edited by KManX89 - on 02 January 2019

Around the Network

Microtransaction is the worst when it comes to pay to win, but in that particular case, I don't see the problem, you can't forbid people to buy pointless things if they want to do so. Unless those reticles are mandatory to win

It's near, or maybe even already at the point where I don't have the energy to discuss the antics of Activision, EA, Konami, Ubisoft, ect anymore. At least in any depth. Same thing with Trump. I feel like I gassed out throwing haymakers in the 3rd round, and my opponent is still standing. I will say this though ( yet again ): I stopped buying Activison games with COD: World At War ( although Diablo 3 did sneak past by accident ), and EA games with Dragon Age: Inquisition. Welcome to the club. I hope you can stick with it. I'm telling you, everything in your life will improve. Even food will taste better.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

As a heavy BO4 player I can say that I rarely check out their store. They can sell whatever they want, it doesn't affect my gameplay (especially that reticle). Until I saw this thread I honestly never thought about if they had a reticle in the game or not lol None of their items are paid to win. So sure it sounds dumb as to what they're selling but I think majority of BO4 players dont care. You already get so many outfits and such from just playing the game on its own anyways.

Activision may be greedy, but you got to be pretty 'special' to buy that as well lol

Were these previously available and they put them behind a paywall or are they new to the game? If they're new then there is no problem.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Were these previously available and they put them behind a paywall or are they new to the game? If they're new then there is no problem.

How can you possibily think that selling a pixel is not a problem. I guess thats why these companies don't go out of business, they sell ppl a pixel for 1$ and they actualy buy it.

What's the issue?

Ehm how is this activision only? Its purely cosmetic which every dev does outside of nintendo

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

COKTOE said:
It's near, or maybe even already at the point where I don't have the energy to discuss the antics of Activision, EA, Konami, Ubisoft, ect anymore. At least in any depth. Same thing with Trump. I feel like I gassed out throwing haymakers in the 3rd round, and my opponent is still standing. I will say this though ( yet again ): I stopped buying Activison games with COD: World At War ( although Diablo 3 did sneak past by accident ), and EA games with Dragon Age: Inquisition. Welcome to the club. I hope you can stick with it. I'm telling you, everything in your life will improve. Even food will taste better.

Gotta try this. I haven't bought a game from EA in ages but I'm still feeling sore from the last game I bought from Activision (Destiny 1). Unfortunately, I can't join you before I've bought Spyro Trilogy and Crash Team Racing.

kirby007 said:
Ehm how is this activision only? Its purely cosmetic which every dev does outside of nintendo

Do you even amiibo?