By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games Turning 25 This Year?

Doneky Kong '94 for the GameBoy! One of the best games of all time.

It's a puzzle-platformer in which you have to get the key to the door. Simple, but a lot of fun, and a still a great game today.

Around the Network

A quick list, I'm sure I will miss some and some have been mentioned so no use repeating them .
Doom 2 - Earthbound - Beneath a Steel Sky - Wing Commander - UFO Enemy Unknown- Theme Park - Need for Speed - Policenauts - FFVI

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

FFVI is a big one. Breath of Fire 2, Mega Man X2 and Castlevania Rondo of Blood are three that I like but are less well known.

Rise of the Robots is an infamous game that turns 25 this year.

My favourite is DKC.

A few more that stand out to me

Warcraft: Orcs & Humans
Heretic

Last edited by Cyran - on 01 January 2019

Panzer General
Warcraft
System Shock
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
The Elder Scrolls: Arena

Around the Network

Never forget Doom 2, probably the best FPS ever made!

Very solid list

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

mjk45 said:

A quick list, I'm sure I will miss some and some have been mentioned so no use repeating them .
Doom 2 - Earthbound - Beneath a Steel Sky - Wing Commander - UFO Enemy Unknown- Theme Park - Need for Speed - Policenauts - FFVI

Excellent year for the bolded alone. But there were more: Jagged Alliance, One Must Fall: 2097. Really outstanding year.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

1994 was another great year of Point'n'Click Adventures.

Sierra released the beautiful Collector's Editions of King's Quest, Space Quest and Leisure Suit Larry. Also King's Quest VII for the Win95-launch, Gabriel Knight, The Adventures of Willy Beamish and Coktel Vision's strange "The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth".

Lucas Arts just released Sam and Max Hit the Road & Day of the Tentacle and was working on Full Throttle and The Dig. (They also released the awesome action games Star Wars TIE Fighter + Rebel Assault + Dark Forces in this period).

Legend Entertainment released Companions of Xanth, Death Gate and Superhero League of Hoboken.

Westwood Studios released two Legend of Kyrandia games: The Hand of Fate and Malcolm's Revenge.

Revolution Software released the awesome Beneth a Steel Sky.

New World Computing released the furry "Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb". 

Happy 25th Birthday, Super Metroid! I think a nice 100% run is in order to mark the occasion. I sure wish I could do this on my Switch, but the SNES Classic will have to do.