NES 7 7.45%

Super NES 22 23.40%

Nintendo 64 8 8.51%

Gamecube 19 20.21%

Wii 12 12.77%

Switch 26 27.66%

Total:94
Jumpin said:

During the Gamecube era, forum fans who KNEW how big of a Nintendo fan I was would taunt me with images like this!

I mean,

game cube was so lame. i wouldnt get near one only for pure peer pressure.

i had a friend that had one and he played that dk game with those drums. it was so embarrassing.

pc and ps2 was the way to go

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

I'm caught between Wii and Switch.

The former was a huge gamble, but pure genius; it was inclusive, catchy, and brilliantly conjured up images of friends and family playing together and gaming becoming more of an accepted social activity.

The latter neatly encapsulates the system's core selling point and just sounds cool and nifty.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 21 December 2018

This thread got me thinking, Nintendo's consoles have some pretty great names. Simple, but right on point. The Gamecube is just that, a gaming cube. The DS is a dual screen system. The Wii with the slogan was quite genius if you ask me. Even the Switch now great, since you can switch between TV and portable. It's a thing I like that Nintendo does. There's a few 'eh' ones, like N64 and Wii, but great names overall. I'm going with the Wii name, since that felt like the most clever name for a console they've done.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I like Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64 and Switch, but never liked Gamecube, Wii and WiiU, they just sound weird.

I found Wii really catchy, and with the idea of mii I would go for that one!

Around the Network

I like simple and to the point names. So Switch is the best for me

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Virtual Boy.

I'd say "Dolphin" would have been the best name. It somehow sounds fresh (maybe only in ears of a non english native speaker) Otherwise I'd choose "Switch", although it's not perfect, because it's not unique enough and you can mix it up with ethernet switches etc. But it puts the system's idea in a nutshell.

siebensus4 said:
I'd say "Dolphin" would have been the best name. It somehow sounds fresh (maybe only in ears of a non english native speaker) Otherwise I'd choose "Switch", although it's not perfect, because it's not unique enough and you can mix it up with ethernet switches etc. But it puts the system's idea in a nutshell.

Nintendo's pre-release codenames often have a certain popularity; Dolphin, Ultra 64, Revolution, NX...

mZuzek said:
How come Wii U isn't an option?

Because it's awful and would attract too many troll votes.