By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 50 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - December 10 -16 2018

Miyamotoo said:

Great hold for Switch after Smash Bros week, next week should be strongest week ever for Switch (more than 300k), PS4 has good sales thanks to great deal, also YTD Switch sold almost twice more than PS4.

It's funny how you mention things like this mini detail to downplay the great PS4 performance, yet you will never mention that if Nintendo does the same thing. 

@topic

Great hardware numbers for PS4!

God Eater 3 is significantly down from God Eater 2 but imo it still did alright considering the circumstances. 

Judge Eyes with a fantastic opening for a new IP!

Last edited by Dr.Vita - on 20 December 2018

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Miyamotoo said:

Great hold for Switch after Smash Bros week, next week should be strongest week ever for Switch (more than 300k), PS4 has good sales thanks to great deal, also YTD Switch sold almost twice more than PS4.

It's funny how you mention things like this mini detail to downplay the great PS4 performance, yet you will never mention that if Nintendo does the same thing. 

@topic

God Eater 3 is significantly down from God Eater 2 but imo it still did alright considering the circumstances. 

Haha so true. Yeah great opening for judge eyes. 

Well, can't get more flat than this. Hope next week Switch will be around 350K

Im really impressed by Mario Party sales, could pass Pokemon lets go next week... Cant see pokemon selling more than 2,5M 3M in Japan which makes me worry about the following games

Clank said:
Im really impressed by Mario Party sales, could pass Pokemon lets go next week... Cant see pokemon selling more than 2,5M 3M in Japan which makes me worry about the following games

Whats there to even worry about, Lets Go doing just fine and Gen 8 is the games people are actually waiting for. 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Miyamotoo said:

@topic

What he said is factually correct, Sony has a big deal in Japan with 50$ off and 2 free games. So, thanks to that deal PS4 managed to have a good week. I don't see any downplay when stating something that's factually correct.

Why didn't you point us to the thread of his failure to mention Switch deal like PS4 instead of whining about his commentary? 

That hardware hold is insane!

Breath of the Wild still going strong, the Switch version alone will become the best selling Zelda game.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Dr.Vita said:

@topic

What he said is factually correct, Sony has a big deal in Japan with 50$ off and 2 free games. So, thanks to that deal PS4 managed to have a good week. I don't see any downplay when stating something that's factually correct.

Why didn't you point us to the thread of his failure to mention Switch deal like PS4 instead of whining about his commentary? 

I agree. It's just stating the obvious. Stating that the main reason PS4 had good sales is the price drop and free games, thats a fact. But it just shows it helped. I don't see it as a downplay either. Like when Switch gets a price cut, which im saying it will get in 2019, its sales will go up and the same logic can be applied to Switch when that happens. Not a downplay.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Nuvendil said:
Megiddo said:

I'm 99.9% positive GE3 will be ported to the Switch. Hopefully it can do well there as God Eater was initially a portable franchise. Sticking to PS4 only doesn't make much sense.

It also thrived in the absence of Monster Hunter.  PS4 HAS Monster Hunter.  And MHW has a much larger budget and it definitely shows in the presentation so not only is GE3 having to compete with MH, it is getting shown up.  Going PS4 only was very foolish given the history of the franchise.

Unfortunately, porting it to Switch will probably not help now.  It will be old news and for midtier franchises that's very detrimental.  It won't hurt, but this should have had a Switch version from the start.

Capcom aren't going to win any business awards (or much in the way of sales) for their handling of the Switch so far. The thing has been out nearly two years and the way the wind is blowing in Japan is pretty obvious at this point, yet Capcom is still dragging their feet. Have they released a single non-port other than Mega Man 11?

EDIT: I looked it up, and no. No they have not. Ports and legacy collections. Mega Man 11 is the only game that was released in the window with other platforms, unless I missed one.

Medisti said:
Nuvendil said:

It also thrived in the absence of Monster Hunter.  PS4 HAS Monster Hunter.  And MHW has a much larger budget and it definitely shows in the presentation so not only is GE3 having to compete with MH, it is getting shown up.  Going PS4 only was very foolish given the history of the franchise.

Unfortunately, porting it to Switch will probably not help now.  It will be old news and for midtier franchises that's very detrimental.  It won't hurt, but this should have had a Switch version from the start.

Capcom aren't going to win any business awards (or much in the way of sales) for their handling of the Switch so far. The thing has been out nearly two years and the way the wind is blowing in Japan is pretty obvious at this point, yet Capcom is still dragging their feet. Have they released a single non-port other than Mega Man 11?

You can stream Resident Evil 7 in Japan! Other than that, no. Pretty sure it has been port city and Megaman for Capcom on the Switch.