By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 1 December 2018

chakkra said:
Intrinsic said:

I think 130M is the most it can do. Then again I seem t have a habit of lowballing things.... initially a few years back I predicted 105M to 115M as its max.

lol, I think the whole site have witnessed that in the last couple of days.  But don't worry, doesn't look like lowballing the PS4 causes such a strong reaction as lowballing other things around here.

owwww you, jester...

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Good numbers all around. Switch should do 1m+ every week from now on.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Relatively calm week, as expected, after BF, anyhow regarding current gen, XBOne suffers from the highest percent drop WoW (and as absolute numbers too), while NS manages to have the smallest both percent and absolute, so staying very close to PS4 globally. This suggests NS could enjoy consistently high sales during all the Xmas period. PS4 can still beat it on the whole period, but XBOne, despite being very strong too, as usual, during BF and Xmas period, will probably be third, behind NS.
Anyhow, both adjustments and big weekly ups and downs can still happen, there's still quite a large margin of unpredictability.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

PS4 is killing

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Curious to see next week, which is Smash week I think.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won