By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Crash Team Racing beat Mario Kart at its own game

It's all subjective I guess. I've played a little CTR back then, but I got more attached to Mario Kart 64, if that's what IGN was comparing it too. Casual/non-casual doesn't really matter much to me.

Around the Network

It's coming to Switch too so... Two of the greatest kart racing franchises on the one system? Um yes please, no need to choose.

But as much as I love the Crash Bandicoot series, it'd have a much better chance up against the Mario Kart series in this day and age if the last Mario Kart game to release in over 10 years was just Mario Kart 64 Mushroom Fueled.

I'm still hopeful Activison will be able to continue the series with original titles though as long as they stay away from microtransactions that is...

Last edited by Green098 - on 14 December 2018

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:

Because Crash is much more non-casual compared to Mario Kart. It offers more challenge and feels more rewarding. Its sliding also feels perfect.

That's your opinion and not the majority of gamers opinion. 

Are you saying that majority of gamers think that Crash Team Racing is not less casual compared to Mario Kart?

Because that's like saying that majority of gamers think that Gran Turismo is not less casual compared to Forza.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Commercially or critically? or some random stranger opinion?

Because Crash is much more non-casual compared to Mario Kart. It offers more challenge and feels more rewarding. Its sliding also feels perfect.

That actully makes it sound a lot less fun to me. The main appeal of Mario Kart is that it's so casual and chaotic compared to other racing games.

I enjoyed CTR a lot, however I disagree with it beating MK at its own game. MK64 is still my favourite MK game and because of MK it layed the foundation for CTR and all the other Kart racers. There both great Kart racers but my hat goes off to MK64, its battle modes are still unmatched even to today.

Around the Network

I personally enjoyed more Speed Freaks/Punks on PS1 than Crash Bandicoot Racing.

Lol crash team racing was fun but beat mario kart at its own game? i disagree

Well, Mario Kart 64 is atrocious, so that's not a particularly high ceiling back then.

Think you left out a key word in your thread title that is in the Youtube video title

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Well, I remember CTR was far better than MK64.
But the problem is that CTR stopped there, while MK had far better iterations on double dash and 8. So, im more into MK currently.