By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Crash Team Racing beat Mario Kart at its own game

Well, Mario Kart 64 is atrocious, so that's not a particularly high ceiling back then.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
Well, Mario Kart 64 is atrocious, so that's not a particularly high ceiling back then.

Think you left out a key word in your thread title that is in the Youtube video title

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Well, I remember CTR was far better than MK64.
But the problem is that CTR stopped there, while MK had far better iterations on double dash and 8. So, im more into MK currently.

Gonna be hard to top the sheer fun of Mario Kart 8D

Around the Network

I admit CTR is a better game than Mario Kart. The speed, tight controls, tracks, and skill based speed boosts all equal the perfect experience...but I'm still a Nintendo fan so I don't approve of this thread.

Twitter: @d21lewis

I never played CTR and loved Mario Kart on SNES and Double Dash was great...

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Eh, CTR compared to MK64 maybe

Compared to Mario Kart 64? I wouldn't doubt it. Never played either but Crash's game has far more impressive graphics for the time, and a story mode to go with it. Plus wasn't the idea of collecting fruit to improve your kart whilst racing used in Mario Kart later on with coins?

That being said compared to Mario Kart of today? Most likely not, MK8 simply has a lot of cool iconic characters to race with whereas Crash has ... well ... Crash characters.

d21lewis said:
I admit CTR is a better game than Mario Kart. The speed, tight controls, tracks, and skill based speed boosts all equal the perfect experience...but I'm still a Nintendo fan so I don't approve of this thread.

Not sure if this is sarcastic or not. You're allowed to say your opinion and not be obligated to not like the thread as a fan of another company.