By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Of The Year - God of War Wins Consensus Pick - Ties BOTW!

PAOerfulone said:

I'm still upset that Super Mario Galaxy didn't win in 2007. No disrespect to Bioshock.

For me, those two games were very close contenders not only for top game of 2007, but for last gen as a whole. I probably have to give the edge to SMG because it was just pure fun from beginning to end (and Nintendo needs to give it, and the rest of the older 3D Mario games, the HD treatment), but BioShock was no slouch in the gameplay department, either, and its setting, narrative, art design, and so on made for an incredibly engrossing experience.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
Getting flashbacks to how terrible 2014 was for games.

The beginning of new generations are normally a little brutal. 2012 wasn't amazing either imo. Just hoping this gen ends/next gen starts on a high note.

axumblade said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Getting flashbacks to how terrible 2014 was for games.

The beginning of new generations are normally a little brutal. 2012 wasn't amazing either imo. Just hoping this gen ends/next gen starts on a high note.

2012 wasn't the beginning of a new generation though. But yeah this gen definitely had a slow start, but 2015 and onwards has been brilliant.

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I still think it's amazing how every GOTY winner between 2004 and 2014 is playable on the PS3 (Playable in the general sense as some of those games are buggy as hell on PS3). Best console ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

That site is great; I use it every year. I'm slightly biased due to the fact that they list our pick though, of course.

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
axumblade said:

2012 wasn't the beginning of a new generation though. But yeah this gen definitely had a slow start, but 2015 and onwards has been brilliant.

Oh yeah. I know that 2012 wasn't a new generation. Should have separated that out. It was just rough watching The Walking Dead win GOTY xD

Wow, Sony has really dominated GOTY winners and Nominees over the past decade or so. 3 top winners (with GOW looking to be the 4th), along with at least 1 game in the top 5 almost every year.

John2290 said:
Machina said:
That site is great; I use it every year. I'm slightly biased due to the fact that they list our pick though, of course.

Will VGC be backing God of war, God of war or maybe even God of war for 2018? :D

...It'll be super smash bros though, Won't it?

Not sure - staff haven't voted yet (50% of the weight for awards). User voting will start in a few days' time (the other 50%).

axumblade said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Oh yeah. I know that 2012 wasn't a new generation. Should have separated that out. It was just rough watching The Walking Dead win GOTY xD

Haha that's true. Surely there were much better picks I don't remember 2012 being that bad??

*Googles*

Ohhhh. I understand.

*Remembers Journey got IGN's game of the year that year*

I really understand..

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
axumblade said:

Haha that's true. Surely there were much better picks I don't remember 2012 being that bad??

*Googles*

Ohhhh. I understand.

*Remembers Journey got IGN's game of the year that year*

I really understand..

I liked Walking Dead and know Flower is well loved, but totally not GOTY material in any decent year.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."