By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Of The Year - God of War Wins Consensus Pick - Ties BOTW!

I still think it's amazing how every GOTY winner between 2004 and 2014 is playable on the PS3 (Playable in the general sense as some of those games are buggy as hell on PS3). Best console ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Wow, Sony has really dominated GOTY winners and Nominees over the past decade or so. 3 top winners (with GOW looking to be the 4th), along with at least 1 game in the top 5 almost every year.

axumblade said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

2012 wasn't the beginning of a new generation though. But yeah this gen definitely had a slow start, but 2015 and onwards has been brilliant.

Oh yeah. I know that 2012 wasn't a new generation. Should have separated that out. It was just rough watching The Walking Dead win GOTY xD

Haha that's true. Surely there were much better picks I don't remember 2012 being that bad??

*Googles*

Ohhhh. I understand.

*Remembers Journey got IGN's game of the year that year*

I really understand..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
axumblade said:

Oh yeah. I know that 2012 wasn't a new generation. Should have separated that out. It was just rough watching The Walking Dead win GOTY xD

Haha that's true. Surely there were much better picks I don't remember 2012 being that bad??

*Googles*

Ohhhh. I understand.

I really understand..

I liked Walking Dead and know Flower is well loved, but totally not GOTY material in any decent year.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

ArchangelMadzz said:
axumblade said:

*Googles*

Ohhhh. I understand.

I really understand..

Persona 4 Golden released in 2012 (2013 in Europe). It clearly should have won!

I was reading the list with "Wow, awesome games as expec... The walking dead?!!"..  

Around the Network

Dragon quest 11, GOAT

And here I thought these sites held no validity just because they're blogs that can be started in 10 minutes by random nobodies

/s

Now that I took that off the system, I expect both these games to be neck and neck. While I'm still ecstatic that God of War won at The Game Awards, I don't know if it will get the majority here. I wish i was wrong and God of War wins majority too.

Mr_No said:

And here I thought these sites held no validity just because they're blogs that can be started in 10 minutes by random nobodies

/s

Now that I took that off the system, I expect both these games to be neck and neck. While I'm still ecstatic that God of War won at The Game Awards, I don't know if it will get the majority here. I wish i was wrong and God of War wins majority too.

I think it will because this site also includes fan vote awards - on top of the critic awards.  Feel like the consensus is that most fans feel God of War was the better game.  If you look at 2016 it was a similar battle between Uncharted 4 and Overwatch- where it was a near 50/50 split from the critic awards- but the fan vote awards were overwhelmingly in favor of Uncharted 4.

wow, 13 years since a PC game won GOTY awards...

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

CGI-Quality said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

2012 wasn't the beginning of a new generation though. But yeah this gen definitely had a slow start, but 2015 and onwards has been brilliant.

Technically, it was. The Wii U launched then. I know ~ that gets drowned out by the next year's release of the PS4/XB1, but this gen really started there.

Yes but the Wii U didn't release until November. And all the games we talk about releasing in 2012 wouldn't have gone to Wii U anyway we it's not really relevant. 

Anyway everyone including the homepage refers to the Switch as a current Gen console people are just trying to forget the Wii U ever existed..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'