By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Of The Year - God of War Wins Consensus Pick - Ties BOTW!

ArchangelMadzz said:
axumblade said:

Oh yeah. I know that 2012 wasn't a new generation. Should have separated that out. It was just rough watching The Walking Dead win GOTY xD

Haha that's true. Surely there were much better picks I don't remember 2012 being that bad??

*Googles*

Ohhhh. I understand.

*Remembers Journey got IGN's game of the year that year*

I really understand..

Persona 4 Golden released in 2012 (2013 in Europe). It clearly should have won!

I was reading the list with "Wow, awesome games as expec... The walking dead?!!"..  

Around the Network

Dragon quest 11, GOAT

And here I thought these sites held no validity just because they're blogs that can be started in 10 minutes by random nobodies

/s

Now that I took that off the system, I expect both these games to be neck and neck. While I'm still ecstatic that God of War won at The Game Awards, I don't know if it will get the majority here. I wish i was wrong and God of War wins majority too.

Mr_No said:

And here I thought these sites held no validity just because they're blogs that can be started in 10 minutes by random nobodies

/s

Now that I took that off the system, I expect both these games to be neck and neck. While I'm still ecstatic that God of War won at The Game Awards, I don't know if it will get the majority here. I wish i was wrong and God of War wins majority too.

I think it will because this site also includes fan vote awards - on top of the critic awards.  Feel like the consensus is that most fans feel God of War was the better game.  If you look at 2016 it was a similar battle between Uncharted 4 and Overwatch- where it was a near 50/50 split from the critic awards- but the fan vote awards were overwhelmingly in favor of Uncharted 4.

wow, 13 years since a PC game won GOTY awards...

"Six days have passed, on the seventh, I will render myself to a day of rest and to contemplate...what is to be"

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
axumblade said:

The beginning of new generations are normally a little brutal. 2012 wasn't amazing either imo. Just hoping this gen ends/next gen starts on a high note.

2012 wasn't the beginning of a new generation though. But yeah this gen definitely had a slow start, but 2015 and onwards has been brilliant.

Technically, it was. The Wii U launched then. I know ~ that gets drowned out by the next year's release of the PS4/XB1, but this gen really started there.

CGI-Quality said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

2012 wasn't the beginning of a new generation though. But yeah this gen definitely had a slow start, but 2015 and onwards has been brilliant.

Technically, it was. The Wii U launched then. I know ~ that gets drowned out by the next year's release of the PS4/XB1, but this gen really started there.

Yes but the Wii U didn't release until November. And all the games we talk about releasing in 2012 wouldn't have gone to Wii U anyway we it's not really relevant. 

Anyway everyone including the homepage refers to the Switch as a current Gen console people are just trying to forget the Wii U ever existed..

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
CGI-Quality said:

Yes but the Wii U didn't release until November. And all the games we talk about releasing in 2012 wouldn't have gone to Wii U anyway we it's not really relevant. 

Anyway everyone including the homepage refers to the Switch as a current Gen console people are just trying to forget the Wii U ever existed..

Much of that may be, but I'm just saying for the sake of clarity, this gen started in 2012. :P

CGI-Quality said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Much of that may be, but I'm just saying for the sake of clarity, this gen started in 2012. :P

I see what you're saying and if I give you that, when talking about the original topic, 2012 wasn't crap because it was the start of a new gen. It was crap because it was crap.

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
CGI-Quality said:

I see what you're saying and if I give you that, when talking about the original topic, 2012 wasn't crap because it was the start of a new gen. It was crap because it was crap.

Can't argue there. I agree that both it and 2014 were bad years for games.