By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu: Smash Sells 1.2 Million + Switch Sells 278k

EricFabian said:
I must admit: 278k is less than I thought, but good anyway

Dont know man, it's still the best ever week 49 for any home console in Japan according to famitsu.

Around the Network

Awesome numbers

Keybladewielder said:

Omg my Switch prediction is so close to that number but I overestimated Smash (maybe Mediacreate number will be closer )

Tbf I don't think this includes digital

Nintendo are really making an impossible comeback to 20 million seem less far-fetched by the day. 

So i was right then saying 1'5M first week in Japan would be too much???, i did eat crow for nothing DAMN IT!!.

Note to myself: Never doubt in you again...XD

On topic: Good software and hardware sales, but we'll need more perspective in future week to know exactly the impact of Smash Ultimate.

colafitte said:
So i was right then saying 1'5M first week in Japan would be too much???, i did eat crow for nothing DAMN IT!!.

On topic: Good software and hardware sales, but we'll need more perspective in future week to know exactly the impact of Smash Ultimate.

It could have sold 1.5 with digital. Also Media Create is just around the corner! :P

Around the Network
Acevil said:
colafitte said:

It could have sold 1.5 with digital. Also Media Create is just around the corner! :P

Let's wait and see then, but i don't expect in a Nintendo console in Japan to have more than 100k copies digital sold

colafitte said:
Acevil said:

Let's wait and see then, but i don't expect in a Nintendo console in Japan to have more than 100k copies digital sold

As many said previously this game could be the exception. Digital might be much higher due to the promotion and bundle copies will make it count as a DIGITAL sale :)

tbone51 said:
colafitte said:

As many said previously this game could be the exception. Digital might be much higher due to the promotion and bundle copies will make it count as a DIGITAL sale :)

Ok then, but you must understand why i'm not eager to keep eating that plate of crows.....the ketchup did not helped at all!! uggh....

colafitte said:
tbone51 said:

Ok then, but you must understand why i'm not eager to keep eating that plate of crows.....the ketchup did not helped at all!! uggh....

A bit less on Media create, in terms of software, a slight higher on hardware and something else that isn't related to this did really well and something else held the same thing it did last week which is good (the last two things are reference to letter P!)

Amazing numbers! Very strong start!!!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23