By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite Fallout Game?

Favourite Fallout Game?

Fallout 49 2.77%

Fallout 2 97 5.49%

Fallout Tactics 14 0.79%

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel 5 0.28%

Fallout 3 435 24.60%

Fallout: New Vegas 336 19.00%

Fallout Shelter 34 1.92%

Fallout 4 207 11.71%

Fallout 76 128 7.24%

None of them 463 26.19%

Total:1,768

I've played all five of the mainline Fallout games. I liked the RPG mechanics of the first two, but not the point-and-click isometric PC interface. I never did like that kind of interface. Fallout 3 and 4 conversely had great set pieces and the VATS system, but much weaker game mechanics.

So I voted for New Vegas. It hit a sweet spot for me, combining the things I liked from the original Black Isle games with the things I liked from the Bethesda games. It's a shame how it never got respect from the critics, which in turn led to a financial hit fo Obsidian games and pretty much killed any chance of Obsidian developing another Fallout game.

Around the Network

new vegas. i don’t know what’s up with the “none of them” option. just seems like a good way to troll or include those who’ve never played a fallout game. and what’s the point in that?

At the risk of being what Adam Sandler's character Tollbooth Willie would refer to as "a fuckin' piece of repeatin' shit": Loved Fallout 3 until I hated it and washed my hands of Bethesda. Voted for none of them.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

None of them, Fallout is highly overrated franchise imo, same with the Elder Scrolls games.

Bristow9091 said:
The only game I've not played is Fallout 76, but, and yes I know I'm a heathen for this... my favourite is by far Fallout 4, the gameplay was just so much more fun for me and I enjoyed how stupidly overpowered the weapon mods and perks made me, lol. Also the whole building thing, I didn't think I'd be into it, but I spent WAY too much time building my own little settlement, although having strangers sleeping in MY bed was just... GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BED YOU RADIATED CUNT!

I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas but Fallout 4 trumps them both as by far my favorite Fallout game. 

I doubted myself with that at first and was kind of determined to believe that New Vegas was better but then, still wanting a Fallout fix after beating Fallout 4, I went back and played New Vegas and--yeah, that was nostalgia talking.  After beating New Vegas again, I went back to play Fallout 4 again because it's just better in so many ways.  There are a few areas where I give New Vegas the win but, honestly, most of them are very minor.  

One of the things I hear a lot is that "New Vegas is better at being an RPG."  I don't think I can disagree with that any more strongly.  The settlement building in Fallout 4 puts it way beyond what New Vegas offers as an RPG.  No, I'm not talking about extra dialogue checks, or dice rolls, or dressing up in different outfits constantly.  I'm talking about the freedom to be creative and reshape the world to your liking.  New Vegas is a largely linear game that has the old "rpg" trappings but once you reach the ending, that's it.  In Fallout 4, the main story is just a starting point.  

Around the Network

Fallout 3 and New Vegas going neck to neck. New Vegas with mods for me.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Fallout 1 is my favorite, though Fallout 2 is better game and arguably RPG with one of the best (if not best) role playing in history of video game RPGs (at least for those who know what actual pen&paper role playing is).

Bethesda's Fallouts miss so many things that makes Fallout what it is that it's hard for me to even call them that, though FO3 was decent game on its own and Obsidian's FO:NV had much more of the originals' feel to it, though not quite up there with them.

Last edited by HoloDust - on 10 December 2018

3 is my most favorite, with New Vegas, being a close second.

Spike0503 said:
I'm in the minority since I started playing with the original Fallout (1). To me, it's the best RPG ever made. Your choices have weight, it has tons and tons of quests and adventures on its world (which isn't huge by today's standards but still feels large enough). The story is excellent, the ending is perhaps the most memorable ending to a video game I've ever experienced aside from MGS1 and FFVII. Oh also, the gameplay is freaking great.

If you read this and haven't played it just cause it's old or because it isn't an FPS, please give it a chance. It's Magnificent with a capital M!

The original two Fallouts look like isometric pause based RPGs, similar to Baldur's Gate. Ifreaking love that gameplay, much more than shooters. So I might give it a try. I see it is available on GOG. As I have an endless backlog, I wait for a sale, but I added it to the wishlist. Thanks for the suggestion.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I liked Fallout 1 and 2 when I played them in early 2000s but today they feel too hollow for me, I don't know if it's the lack of voice acting or something else.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.