Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite Fallout Game?

Favourite Fallout Game?

Fallout 49 2.77%

Fallout 2 97 5.49%

Fallout Tactics 14 0.79%

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel 5 0.28%

Fallout 3 435 24.60%

Fallout: New Vegas 336 19.00%

Fallout Shelter 34 1.92%

Fallout 4 207 11.71%

Fallout 76 128 7.24%

None of them 463 26.19%

Total:1,768

I haven't played any of them, but Fallout 76 just for the funny memes that came from it.

Around the Network

I haven't really played Fallout 4 but its hard to imagine its gonna be as fun simply because its not as fresh to me.

So I'll just say I loved Fallout 3 but its gotta be some nostalgia there.

Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

The only game I've not played is Fallout 76, but, and yes I know I'm a heathen for this... my favourite is by far Fallout 4, the gameplay was just so much more fun for me and I enjoyed how stupidly overpowered the weapon mods and perks made me, lol. Also the whole building thing, I didn't think I'd be into it, but I spent WAY too much time building my own little settlement, although having strangers sleeping in MY bed was just... GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BED YOU RADIATED CUNT!

From 3, New Vegas and 4, the ones I've played, I'd say New Vegas since the story diverted into something more interesting than the previous game, with more interesting factions and interesting endgame scenarios.

I've played all five of the mainline Fallout games. I liked the RPG mechanics of the first two, but not the point-and-click isometric PC interface. I never did like that kind of interface. Fallout 3 and 4 conversely had great set pieces and the VATS system, but much weaker game mechanics.

So I voted for New Vegas. It hit a sweet spot for me, combining the things I liked from the original Black Isle games with the things I liked from the Bethesda games. It's a shame how it never got respect from the critics, which in turn led to a financial hit fo Obsidian games and pretty much killed any chance of Obsidian developing another Fallout game.

Around the Network

new vegas. i don’t know what’s up with the “none of them” option. just seems like a good way to troll or include those who’ve never played a fallout game. and what’s the point in that?

At the risk of being what Adam Sandler's character Tollbooth Willie would refer to as "a fuckin' piece of repeatin' shit": Loved Fallout 3 until I hated it and washed my hands of Bethesda. Voted for none of them.

Chinese food for breakfast

None of them, Fallout is highly overrated franchise imo, same with the Elder Scrolls games.

Bristow9091 said:
The only game I've not played is Fallout 76, but, and yes I know I'm a heathen for this... my favourite is by far Fallout 4, the gameplay was just so much more fun for me and I enjoyed how stupidly overpowered the weapon mods and perks made me, lol. Also the whole building thing, I didn't think I'd be into it, but I spent WAY too much time building my own little settlement, although having strangers sleeping in MY bed was just... GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BED YOU RADIATED CUNT!

I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas but Fallout 4 trumps them both as by far my favorite Fallout game. 

I doubted myself with that at first and was kind of determined to believe that New Vegas was better but then, still wanting a Fallout fix after beating Fallout 4, I went back and played New Vegas and--yeah, that was nostalgia talking.  After beating New Vegas again, I went back to play Fallout 4 again because it's just better in so many ways.  There are a few areas where I give New Vegas the win but, honestly, most of them are very minor.  

One of the things I hear a lot is that "New Vegas is better at being an RPG."  I don't think I can disagree with that any more strongly.  The settlement building in Fallout 4 puts it way beyond what New Vegas offers as an RPG.  No, I'm not talking about extra dialogue checks, or dice rolls, or dressing up in different outfits constantly.  I'm talking about the freedom to be creative and reshape the world to your liking.  New Vegas is a largely linear game that has the old "rpg" trappings but once you reach the ending, that's it.  In Fallout 4, the main story is just a starting point.  

pokoko said:
Bristow9091 said:

I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas but Fallout 4 trumps them both as by far my favorite Fallout game. 

I doubted myself with that at first and was kind of determined to believe that New Vegas was better but then, still wanting a Fallout fix after beating Fallout 4, I went back and played New Vegas and--yeah, that was nostalgia talking.  After beating New Vegas again, I went back to play Fallout 4 again because it's just better in so many ways.  There are a few areas where I give New Vegas the win but, honestly, most of them are very minor.  

One of the things I hear a lot is that "New Vegas is better at being an RPG."  I don't think I can disagree with that any more strongly.  The settlement building in Fallout 4 puts it way beyond what New Vegas offers as an RPG.  No, I'm not talking about extra dialogue checks, or dice rolls, or dressing up in different outfits constantly.  I'm talking about the freedom to be creative and reshape the world to your liking.  New Vegas is a largely linear game that has the old "rpg" trappings but once you reach the ending, that's it.  In Fallout 4, the main story is just a starting point.  

I actually enjoyed Fallout 4 so much that I made manual save slots just so I could play through all the possible endings (Never done that with any multiple ending game before) and I plan on going back and cleaning up for the platinum trophy, it was just such an enjoyable experience for me, especially after playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas, although I did go into it thinking "Nah it'll never top New Vegas", but, well... it just sort of happened, it was so good!