By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite Fallout Game?

Favourite Fallout Game?

Fallout 49 2.77%

Fallout 2 97 5.49%

Fallout Tactics 14 0.79%

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel 5 0.28%

Fallout 3 435 24.60%

Fallout: New Vegas 336 19.00%

Fallout Shelter 34 1.92%

Fallout 4 207 11.71%

Fallout 76 128 7.24%

None of them 463 26.19%

Total:1,768

I voted for 3. It's the only one that I was able to get into (I've only played 3, NV, and 4.) But, really, I don't care much for the series.

Around the Network

I've only played 3, 4 and New Vegas i think New Vegas is the least bad of them.

I'm in the minority since I started playing with the original Fallout (1). To me, it's the best RPG ever made. Your choices have weight, it has tons and tons of quests and adventures on its world (which isn't huge by today's standards but still feels large enough). The story is excellent, the ending is perhaps the most memorable ending to a video game I've ever experienced aside from MGS1 and FFVII. Oh also, the gameplay is freaking great.

If you read this and haven't played it just cause it's old or because it isn't an FPS, please give it a chance. It's Magnificent with a capital M!

I've only played Fallout 3 and 4. And out of those, I greatly prefer Fallout 4. Aside from the dialog options and such, I though Fallout 4 improved in nearly every aspect.

- Much better combat, so you can play without always having to use vats as a crutch, now that the RNG bullshit is gone. The feel of the guns are much better.
- A better designed open world (commonwealth was more fun and interesting to explore, with more variety than the capital wasteland)
- Better graphics all around (this one is sort of cheating, but still)
- Removal of that stupid karma system (losing karma when nobody can see you was bullshit), weapon degradation (has no place here),
- adding the ability to actually run in game
- adding mod support on console, adds a lot of longevity to the game
- Looting felt much better and quicker due to the menu that pops up, not having to open a seperate screen
- conversation occurring in real time, time doesnt stop anymore.
- actual factions to ally or make enemies with, when Fallout 3 had none.
- No more heaps of useless junk items, every little item has a purpose and can be used to build something.
- A better and more vibrant color palette, no more puke green filter
- Unpopular opinion, but settlements. They were actually pretty fleshed out so you could go ham with them. Though I understand, not everybody has the patientce to build something for four hours.

The only misstep/step backwards I would say, was limiting the dialog options to just 4, and only having one word despcriptors for it. And there werent many options to end things peacefully, you were always pushed into combat.

Unlike others, I was perfectly fine with the perk system and voiced protagonist in Fallout 4 as well.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

New Vegas.

Two of the DLC's seemed pretty enjoyable. Lonesome road + old world blues, were awesome. (Dead money was just alright, but honest hearts DLC was down right terrible.)

Really wish they would of ported Fallout 3 and New Vegas to PlayStation 4 and the Nintendo Switch already, as they were really fun games and I believe they would have plenty of players willing to get it. Bethesda has been really oblivious or strategically avoiding serving that market to appease their own leveraging investments, like making Fallout 76 and their bond with Microsoft this gen as well as last gen.

Around the Network

Fallout 3 way better than new vague us

Favorite is new Vegas, accidentally ended up clicking on 76. Now if you excuse me I have a hand to remove

I haven't played any of them, but Fallout 76 just for the funny memes that came from it.

I haven't really played Fallout 4 but its hard to imagine its gonna be as fun simply because its not as fresh to me.

So I'll just say I loved Fallout 3 but its gotta be some nostalgia there.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

From 3, New Vegas and 4, the ones I've played, I'd say New Vegas since the story diverted into something more interesting than the previous game, with more interesting factions and interesting endgame scenarios.