By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Ultimate doesn't feel very casual friendly

PwerlvlAmy said:
I couldn't beat friggin Iggy for awhile.

-Can'swim
-Wind blows you back
-One tap and you fly back and get taken by wind then drown

then after spending so much time on it im like, damn im stupid,just get a spirit that has wind resistance -___-

I unlocked the Ashley legend spirit without a resistance to her reversing controls.... my love of the character meant I gritted teeth and done that maybe.... 30+ times to win the fight.

I was thinking the same as OP though when it came to the WoL basically that for younger players especially that game mode is going to be zero fun with all the micromanagement that it requests the player to do.

I'm happy as a pig in shit though. Loving every second and hard fought battle, but I've been playing this since the N64 and must have 4 digits of hours clocked up on the GC title.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

The characters are indeed challenging after awhile. I got destroyed tons of times. Stupid Ridley beat me 5 times. I have been playing Smash all my life and even I get destroyed. Lucky for everyone the rematches are much easier and you can use any character you unlocked.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems!

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Thank god. I'm not the only one. Played Melee, Brawl and Wii U and I need to challenge many at least twice in Ultimate. Took me three tries to unlock Pit. I unlock most of them in classic mode while playing characters I'm not used to, isn't helpful at all.

Wyrdness said:
WOL gets even more cheesy like the Charizard with permanent fire breathing essentially a permanent item.

WOL is basically just a glorified challenge mode with adventure and RPG elements.  Nothing wrong with that, but things like this are bound to happen and I found myself frustrated more than once.  Overall I am loving it, but damn if it does not piss me off from time to time.

PS: I tricked Charizard into killing himself in that fight.  XD

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
Wyrdness said:
WOL gets even more cheesy like the Charizard with permanent fire breathing essentially a permanent item.

WOL is basically just a glorified challenge mode with adventure and RPG elements.  Nothing wrong with that, but things like this are bound to happen and I found myself frustrated more than once.  Overall I am loving it, but damn if it does not piss me off from time to time.

PS: I tricked Charizard into killing himself in that fight.  XD

He did the same eventually when I fought him the one that has really tried my patience is the Inkling challenge on the Earthbound stage.

Around the Network

So far, I've had little trouble beating the challenge matches for new characters, but during the World of Light fights I lost a few of them, more so because of my own mistakes.

I can see though they do seem more difficult than previous titles, with actually putting up a good challenge sometimes. I think it's still doable for experienced players, but for newcomers or rusty players, it could be a struggle.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I've heard a few good stories of people rage quitting after getting rested while trying to unlock Jigglypuff...

Have a nice day...

I'm loving it so far, it's definitely much more challenging than any of the earlier games. I've been destroyed by Incineroar 6 times so far in attempts to unlock him, I'll get him over 150% and even launch him offscreen but the damn thing just won't die!

RingoGaSuki said:
I'm loving it so far, it's definitely much more challenging than any of the earlier games. I've been destroyed by Incineroar 6 times so far in attempts to unlock him, I'll get him over 150% and even launch him offscreen but the damn thing just won't die!

His movements seemed really hard to predict. But my boy simon got me through it eventually.

pikashoe said:
RingoGaSuki said:

His movements seemed really hard to predict. But my boy simon got me through it eventually.

Yeah, and he bounces around all over the place making him hard to grab too. Just got him on my seventh try, cheesing it with Ike and just spamming his quick draw.