By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First DLC Character for Smash Ultimate: Joker from Persona 5!!!

twintail said:
Good get, boring trailer.

but I do think its funny how a character with no connection to Nintendo (and an IP that isn't associated with them) have a character.

Persona Q2

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

Oh, man, I can't wait to see how he plays!
The stage they use!
THE MUSIC!!!!

YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIIIING!!!

Hiku said: 

Does it really resonate with the bones in your body that "Ahh, this character was on Super Famicom back in the day. That makes his moves feel so much better!" when you play or see those characters in action in Smash?
I honestly couldn't imagine something like that ruining my enjoyment of a guest character in a videogame. So seeing some of these negative comments is pretty wild.

I can understand if someone doesn't know Joker because they haven't played any of his games, or just don't care for him. That's fine.
But not that it hinges on which console his games have been on.

And on that note, Persona Q2 is out right now, so I think he has played a larger role in a game on a Nintendo system than Cloud did.

I think this announcement is something everyone should be happy with because it is yet another indicator of a "near impossible" choice that actually made it. Meaning that pretty much whatever you want has a chance of making it in.

As for your first question, it's an unexplainable feeling, but more or less. Furthermore, it doesn't ruin anything, simply put, it's just a minor, trivial annoyance. Depending on his moveset, he could also become one of my preferred fighters, I don't know, but his announcement doesn't really excite me a lot given the circumstances I stated.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

melbye said:
Don't like it. A character with hnoistory on Nintendo doesn't belong in Smash

Persona Q2 3DS ring a bell.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

EricFabian said:
twintail said:
Good get, boring trailer.

but I do think its funny how a character with no connection to Nintendo (and an IP that isn't associated with them) have a character.

Persona Q2

Good job beat me to it .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
SAKURAI I FUCKING LOVE YOU

Persona fan I take it...

melbye said:
Don't like it. A character with hnoistory on Nintendo doesn't belong in Smash

Persona Q2 on 3ds

ARamdomGamer said:
I'm really disappointed. Almost legit pissed.

Same here. I loved Persona 5, but this character could not feel more out of of place out if he tried. Especially after Rex and Lloyd Irving, infinitely more interesting characters, got relegated to costumes, while the silent avatar from a game with no history on Nintendo gets a full character. 

Honestly at this point I'm expecting the next few DLC choices to just be weird crap to make waves on social media. Getting ready for Fortnight characters, Shrek, and Goku.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
ARamdomGamer said:
I'm really disappointed. Almost legit pissed.

Same here. I loved Persona 5, but this character could not feel more out of of place out if he tried. Especially after Rex and Lloyd Irving, infinitely more interesting characters, got relegated to costumes, while the silent avatar from a game with no history on Nintendo gets a full character. 

Honestly at this point I'm expecting the next few DLC choices to just be weird crap to make waves on social media. Getting ready for Fortnight characters, Shrek, and Goku.

Did they already put Geralt and the MC from FF15? 

Very unexpected choice tbh but a good surprise, Nintendo themselves chose the 5 characters at this point it may be very possible to get Dante in the game.