By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First DLC Character for Smash Ultimate: Joker from Persona 5!!!

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
pikashoe said:
It doesn't make sense, but I love it.

They're preparing for when Japan's AAA market will move to Switch :kappa: 

Nautilus said:
Man, they blew me away with this announcement.The sky is truly the limit for the next characters.

And I mean, this MUST mean that Persona 5 is also comming to the Switch.Right?

Even before this announcement, I'd bet that Atlus is working on a Switch port of Persona 5.  Although this move also might be something of a peace offering.  A few years ago they put Cloud into Smash Bros, and now FF7 is coming to Switch.  This might have a similar effect on Persona 5, which means it's coming, but expect to wait a while.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

Choosing a really beloved character from a beloved franchise is a crap choice?

Please.

Yeah, it might not mean that Persona 5 is comming, but its not unlikely.And I mean, with Joker now on Smash, and given the good relationship Nintendo has with Sega and Atlus, it just has become more likely for that to happen.

That's not what makes it a crap choice, but rather that he's a character from a series that barely has any representation on Nintendo systems. In that sense, there are characters, even third party ones, that perhaps could've been a better fit for his slot. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Acevil said:
I loved this announcement.

Same. 

KLAMarine said:
...Who?

The protagonist of Persona 5.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

They're preparing for when Japan's AAA market will move to Switch :kappa: 

Nautilus said:
Man, they blew me away with this announcement.The sky is truly the limit for the next characters.

And I mean, this MUST mean that Persona 5 is also comming to the Switch.Right?

Even before this announcement, I'd bet that Atlus is working on a Switch port of Persona 5.  Although this move also might be something of a peace offering.  A few years ago they put Cloud into Smash Bros, and now FF7 is coming to Switch.  This might have a similar effect on Persona 5, which means it's coming, but expect to wait a while.

Yeah, I fully agree.I mean, I think there is the slight chance that we might get an announcement as early as January, but thats just hopeful thinking on my part.I think it depends on when SMT V will launch.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:
KLAMarine said:
...Who?

The protagonist of Persona 5.

He definitely looks the part, haha! Looking forward to playing as him.

SAKURAI I FUCKING LOVE YOU

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Goku when?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

twintail said:
Good get, boring trailer.

but I do think its funny how a character with no connection to Nintendo (and an IP that isn't associated with them) have a character.

Because of that, I understand why some Nintendo fans would hate that announcement. 

Ultrashroomz said:
SAKURAI I FUCKING LOVE YOU

Didn't Nintendo choose, not Sakurai?