By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First DLC Character for Smash Ultimate: Joker from Persona 5!!!

Metallox said:
Nautilus said:

Choosing a really beloved character from a beloved franchise is a crap choice?

Please.

Yeah, it might not mean that Persona 5 is comming, but its not unlikely.And I mean, with Joker now on Smash, and given the good relationship Nintendo has with Sega and Atlus, it just has become more likely for that to happen.

That's not what makes it a crap choice, but rather that he's a character from a series that barely has any representation on Nintendo systems. In that sense, there are characters, even third party ones, that perhaps could've been a better fit for his slot. 

People said the same thing about Snake and Sonic back in Brawl. Do you still see people complaining about non-Nintendo characters joining Smash?

Smash stopped being a celebration of Nintendo history ever since Brawl, to become a celebration of gaming itself.Give the game a few months in the market and all this feeling of "There certainly were better characters to choose from" will fade away like dust in the wind.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

TKS SAKURAI

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Nautilus said:

People said the same thing about Snake and Sonic back in Brawl. Do you still see people complaining about non-Nintendo characters joining Smash?

Smash stopped being a celebration of Nintendo history ever since Brawl, to become a celebration of gaming itself.Give the game a few months in the market and all this feeling of "There certainly were better characters to choose from" will fade away like dust in the wind.

It will, but it still doesn't feel right. 

Anyway, I'm just salty that this jokah made it and not Elma (or Reyn).

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
Nautilus said:

I think we will keep disagreeing then, because Rex deserved more to be in Smash than those two XD

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Finally a newcomer that interest me.

Around the Network

I wish I cared. Guess this is on me for buying the pack ahead of time! Maybe he'll at least have an interesting stage...?

Nautilus said:
Metallox said:

I think we will keep disagreeing then, because Rex deserved more to be in Smash than those two XD

Rex is in, though. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Good thing there aren't more iconic RPG series that deserve a representation for Smash Bros. over Persona.

Metallox said:
Nautilus said:

Rex is in, though. 

lol

ARamdomGamer said:
Good thing there aren't more iconic RPG series that deserve a representation for Smash Bros. over Persona.

You may not agree or even like it, but Persona is a top tier RPG franchise, either by fan or critical reception.