By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA/DICE mocks critics of BFV at launch party

Wow, EA/DICE continue to be white knights. All because gamers did what they told them to and "not buy the game if they didn't like it" (which is why it went on sale less than a week after releasing), you know, the same people they called uneducated and went "my daughter" for wanting a historically accurate WW2 game (because insulting your own fan base is a great way to market your game). Rather than holding this L with some dignity, they go out of their way to mock and put words in BFV detractors' mouths at a launch party event (most of the complaints were NOT "fuck wymins/feminazis"), calling them bigots of every size, shape and color. 

Because it worked so well for GhostBusters, right, right?

Add to this censoring white man (which I covered earlier) and Nazi in a game about fighting Nazis and it's truly baffling that they STILL can't figure out why their game sold like shit, chalking it up to "being for inclusivity". Yup, totes no (v)agenda here.

Around the Network

Funny to see a company whose shares lost almost 50% of their value, and whose game apparently sold 50% less than the previous one, still make fun of their fanbase.

Let's see if they keep doing it if their studio ends up firing 50% of the developers (I hope it won't happen, but they at least need to change their approach for the next one).

DICE is located in Sweden if i remember correctly so i'm not surprised about this. Sweden is disappearing in their own *** it seems .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Faelco said:
Funny to see a company whose shares lost almost 50% of their value, and whose game apparently sold 50% less than the previous one, still make fun of their fanbase.

Let's see if they keep doing it if their studio ends up firing 50% of the developers (I hope it won't happen, but they at least need to change their approach for the next one).

This is EA, of course devs will lose their jobs.

And for once, some of them might actually deserve it like this one. 

Last edited by KManX89 - on 05 December 2018

I actually think its kinda funny. EA is free to do whatever they want I guess.

In the end the games matter most and they will suffer if their games don't appeal to people. Seems like this game isn't reviewing particularly great though. Not sure what the sales will reflect in the end.

Its also possible the sales will see a decline because fatigue, maybe they didn't enjoy BF1, etc.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

what?

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Kinda pathetic quite frankly. Couldn't be happier that their revisionist filth is failing

Last edited by melbye - on 05 December 2018

Well, that's just childish at this point.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

DICE, and EA by extension, desperately need some new PR consultants. For people who claim to combat marginalization, they seem awfully keen on marginalizing their own customer base. The age old technique of sweeping legitimate complaints and criticism behind troll comments and vitriolic stupidity stopped working a long time ago, their chance to rise above and focus on presenting and selling an actual, desirable entertainment product seems to have passed.

It's a shame, I've really enjoyed the BF series up until BF1, I spent countless hours at LAN meetings playing BF2, and BF 3 and 4 were among only a handful of titles I ever bothered playing online.

Mummelmann said:
DICE, and EA by extension, desperately need some new PR consultants. For people who claim to combat marginalization, they seem awfully keen on marginalizing their own customer base. The age old technique of sweeping legitimate complaints and criticism behind troll comments and vitriolic stupidity stopped working a long time ago, their chance to rise above and focus on presenting and selling an actual, desirable entertainment product seems to have passed.

It's a shame, I've really enjoyed the BF series up until BF1, I spent countless hours at LAN meetings playing BF2, and BF 3 and 4 were among only a handful of titles I ever bothered playing online.

I even enjoyed Battlefield 1. Until I didn't.
The singleplayer was decent enough though. *stares at black ops 3*

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--