By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Plus - 2018 Review

How would you grade PS Plus services for 2018?

A+ 17 26.15%

A 17 26.15%

A- 9 13.85%

B+ 8 12.31%

B 8 12.31%

B- 1 1.54%

C+ 3 4.62%

C 0 0%

C- 0 0%

D+ or below 2 3.08%

Total:65

Great list of games, however I have played none of them (apart from the ones I already had) I don't have time to play the games I buy. I do play GT Sport online pretty much daily, and while support is great with monthly updates, connectivity issues are still a daily problem. It's sort of accepted in the community that a full room is a rarity in sport mode. Every race one or more players get disconnected on entering the lobby... Grade B-.

Value wise, my kids play all kinds of online games on the primary ps4 while I'm racing on the pro. I enjoy the discounts on digital purchases, for $50 a year not bad. (It's $70 normally, was $50 on BF)

Around the Network

For many people the year was impressive. For me 2018 PS+ fell on its face, a complete waste of money considering the only games I wanted from it I had already purchased. I was among the few that actually liked getting new (or new to PS4) indies over old AAA.

That is a pretty damn good year.

PS+ PS4 2018: A- (much better than expected and even some PSVR games)
PS+ PS3 2018: C (PS3 had much better years and there are still a lot of great PS3 classics missing in the Instant Gaming Collection, f.e. the Resistance games)
PS+ Vita 2018: C (Vita had much better years and there are still a few great Vita + PSP classics missing in the Instant Gaming Collection

PS+ overall 2018: B+

Overall a very decent year. Some months were really killer months like March (with Bloodborne and Ratchet & Clank) and other months were only meh like December. Hopefully Sony will make more balanced months in 2019. That's my only advice at the moment.

Around the Network

Very good year in my opinion @ PS+ free Games

A

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Honestly, it’s amazing what I got for my 45€...I don’t even play online games.

i hope they drop PS3 and introduce a regular monthly PSVR game instead.

Dr.Vita said:
Overall a very decent year. Some months were really killer months like March (with Bloodborne and Ratchet & Clank) and other months were only meh like December. Hopefully Sony will make more balanced months in 2019. That's my only advice at the moment.

Imho Sony was very sensible with how they tactically gave out games...when there was not much new coming out, like in March, they gave us great games. In months like nearing the holiday season, there are so many new quality titles, they’d rather want us to buy those. Totally understandable, as I see it.

flashfire926 said:
Wait what? Thats a phenomenal lineup!

I was always under the impression that games were ass, due to the constant whining I see about the games not being good.

Lol even in the best months there's constant whining. I had to stop reading the ps blog comments. They would make you depressed.