By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which developer should Sony acquire?

?

Platinum Games - Bayonetta 7 10.14%

From Software - Dark Souls, Bloodborne 19 27.54%

Codemasters - Grid, Dirt 1 1.45%

Kojima Productions - Death Stranding 20 28.99%

DontNod - Vampyr 0 0%

Others 14 20.29%

Multiple developers 8 11.59%

Total:69
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Intrinsic said:

On another note, as far as exclusive output this gen, even with them underutilising their studios, sony has still managed an exclusive output of around 3-4 exclusives every single year. No other company can make that claim. And their exclusives are all doing very very well. 

Except Nintendo ... 

Also, if we're talking about games from studios Sony specifically owns, you don't get to include titles like Spider-Man, as Sony themselves don't even include it when addressing their worldwide studios. So I'm not sure why you changed the criteria mid-argument. 

When did i ever say we are talking specifically about games sony made and owns. We are talking about exclusives. And the bottom line is that when it comes to that not every game that is released is made by the publisher..... but they will publish it and that will usually mean it won't be on another platform. The very same way bayonetta is not made by nintendo but published by them.

It doesn't change the fact that sony has a lot of very well selling exclusives. And they do a lot to make that happen. And they are fine as far as that is concerned.

Around the Network

Don't really see the need for Sony to acquire anyone

Wait, if Sony buys Platinum that means Bayonetta won't be in Super Smash 6 on the 2witch?

SKMBlake said:
This is what I have to say to this thread:

pic

"The competition looks pale in comparison"

Yeah, but no. Microsoft released a better Forza game that GT will ever be, and I don't even mention Nintendo which is killing it since last year with its exclusives, which are better rated for most of them, and sell very well.

I highly doubt Sony is too concerned with Forza’s review scores vs GT’s. A moot point entirely. No matter how you defend it, Microsoft’s studios (new and old) have a lot of work to do. The acquisitions are a great start.

Then again, with some of the hyperbolic statements in the OP, I don’t entirely fault you for providing some of your own. 😜

Quantic Dream and Insomniac Games.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
SKMBlake said:
This is what I have to say to this thread:

pic

"The competition looks pale in comparison"

Yeah, but no. Microsoft released a better Forza game that GT will ever be, and I don't even mention Nintendo which is killing it since last year with its exclusives, which are better rated for most of them, and sell very well.

I highly doubt Sony is too concerned with Forza’s review scores vs GT’s. A moot point entirely. No matter how you defend it, Microsoft’s studios (new and old) have a lot of work to do. The acquisitions are a great start.

Then again, with some of the hyperbolic statements in the OP, I don’t entirely fault you for providing some of your own. 😜

I just don't see how someone can say now that other companies' exclusives are pale in comparison of Sony's, despite knowing how huge 2017 for Nintendo exclusives were (2 GOTY nominations, and 1 actually won, and helped the new console to sell PS4-level well), how it will certainly be for this year and 2019.

Yeah, Sony have good exclusives this generation, but that doesn't mean they are way better than any other company.

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

SKMBlake said:
CGI-Quality said:

I just don't see how someone can say now that other companies' exclusives are pale in comparison of Sony's, despite knowing how huge 2017 for Nintendo exclusives were (2 GOTY nominations, and 1 actually won, and helped the new console to sell PS4-level well), how it will certainly be for this year and 2019.

Yeah, Sony have good exclusives this generation, but that doesn't mean they are way better than any other company.

Looking at the facts. First of, only Nintendo and Sony got exclusives since Microsoft put their games on PC. So it's only between Sony and Nintendo.

Then I look at metacritic, I see more high rated exclusives on PS4 than Switch and Wii U.

Facts man, facts.

Last edited by Keiji - on 25 November 2018

Keiji said:
SKMBlake said:

Looking at the facts. First of, only Nintendo and Sony got exclusives since Microsoft put their games on PC. So it's only between Sony and Nintendo.

Then I look at metacritic, I see more high rated exclusives on PS4 than Switch and Wii U.

Facts man, facts.

If you wanna go to the Metacritic side of things, we can see that in 1,5 year, the Switch have already 4 exclusives over 90/100 and the PS4 have 6 the latter haven't any exclusive over 95 in 5 years unlike the Switch having already 2 games at 97. And Smash nor Bayonetta 3 nor Metroid Prime 4 aren't even rated yet. Facts man, facts.

SKMBlake said:
Keiji said:

Facts man, facts.

If you wanna go to the Metacritic side of things, we can see that in 1,5 year, the Switch have already 4 exclusives over 90/100 and the PS4 have 5, the latter haven't any exclusive over 95 in 5 years unlike the Switch having already 2 games at 97. And Smash nor Bayonetta 3 nor Metroid Prime 4 aren't even rated yet. Facts man, facts.

But you forget Horizon Zero Dawn, Marvel Spider-Man and the best game ever : Detroit Become Human.

Last edited by Keiji - on 25 November 2018

Keiji said:
SKMBlake said:

If you wanna go to the Metacritic side of things, we can see that in 1,5 year, the Switch have already 4 exclusives over 90/100 and the PS4 have 5, the latter haven't any exclusive over 95 in 5 years unlike the Switch having already 2 games at 97. And Smash nor Bayonetta 3 nor Metroid Prime 4 aren't even rated yet. Facts man, facts.

But you forget Horizon Zero Dawn and the best game ever : Detroit Become Human.

Real facts man, real one.

Come on, Detroit is slightly above average. And Horizon may be good but isn't a masterpiece