By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will people rage at pokémon 2019?

I doubt it will be any good. They have done nothing new for 20 years, almost 0 innovation. I am expecting another 3ds pokemon but with lets go graphics. They could do so many awesome things, a cool story like pokemon colosseum or maybe a more mature pokemon, but no, Nintendo will always play it safe, if it aint broke keep milking it I guess. At the end it doesnt even matter as millions will buy it no matter what so why should they make the effort.

Around the Network

Nobody will rage at a Nintendo game, it's not like there is a choice. People will just silently buy it, like every other Nintendo game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

People rage at everything. You could offer free money to everybody and people would still rage about it. It's just what people do.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

People will always rage, that's just the nature of gaming and the internet in general, there's always a town crier. We've all done it at some point in our lives. I just know Lets Go has got me hyped for next years game. I'm hoping they keep some Go mechanics as an OPTION in the new games, such as letting players battle and like like a normal core game that were all used to. But Also either have an option to catch pokemon like in LetsGo or have you battle them and then capture them like Mobile Go like you do vs legendaries/mewtwo/snorlax,etc

I feel giving players two ways to play will benefit both the hardcore crowd that like their mainline core games and then the new casual players that got hooked on LetsGo.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

pikashoe said:
People have bitched and moaned about every gen since gen 3 and I don't see that stopping anytime soon.

Yes, this. Always this.

melbye said:
Personally i had no problems with the artstyle in Let's Go, but i am sure that someone will be mad that it doesn't look super-realistic

"I expect the next Pokemon to have at least better graphics than the Detective Pikachu movie! And Ryan Reynolds voicing Pikachu!"

PAOerfulone said:

Unless it's a ground-breaking leap for the series in every single aspect much like Breath of the Wild was for Zelda, they'll rage on whatever it is. 

Yep, like always.

PwerlvlAmy said:
People will always rage, that's just the nature of gaming and the internet in general, there's always a town crier. We've all done it at some point in our lives. I just know Lets Go has got me hyped for next years game. I'm hoping they keep some Go mechanics as an OPTION in the new games, such as letting players battle and like like a normal core game that were all used to. But Also either have an option to catch pokemon like in LetsGo or have you battle them and then capture them like Mobile Go like you do vs legendaries/mewtwo/snorlax,etc

I feel giving players two ways to play will benefit both the hardcore crowd that like their mainline core games and then the new casual players that got hooked on LetsGo.

I hope also for some Let's Go mechanics. Obviously everyone wants visible Pokemon in the overworld (which by the way alone makes Let's Go a WAY more demanding game than anything on the 3DS) and partner Pokemon or a Pokemon that follows. Terrain moves having globally instead in a team Pokemon is so good too. And I wish after playing Let's Go, that I have the choice of battling OR catching wild Pokemon.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

ResilientFighter said:
MasonADC said:

Sun/moon and Let's go don't look that similar in the first place. Every pokemon game has a distinctive look to it, so Gen 8 will look different. I also expect gen 8 to blow let's go away

nah, pokemon lets go and gen 8 will have many similarities graphically and you are wrong there are similarities between sun and moons designs with lets go pikachu :)
you are over hyping the next game's visuals lol

Town already looks way better than let's go, and it is only safe to assume that gen 8 will look better than town. 

MasonADC said:

ResilientFighter said:

nah, pokemon lets go and gen 8 will have many similarities graphically and you are wrong there are similarities between sun and moons designs with lets go pikachu :)
you are over hyping the next game's visuals lol

Town already looks way better than let's go, and it is only safe to assume that gen 8 will look better than town. 

Stop overhyping and saying exaggerated things 

ResilientFighter said:
MasonADC said:

Stop overhyping and saying exaggerated things 

I don't think I am. 

Of course.
I know I will

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

*Looks at sales of Lets Go...*

Nooe.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261