By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSVR games to get myself for Xmas

I picked up a PSVR bundle (with Superhot and Creed) Thursday night.  So, I have all of the hardware.  Now I need a couple game recommendations.  I've spent a fair amount of time using all of the major VR headsets, but PS is the one I've used the least.  I've grown to like many of the new and different experiences available in VR, so I think I'm open to just about anything.  I'll give extra consideration to games that have been out for a while, so I can get them on the cheap.  

Beyond that, I'll add that I don't care about the length of the game (so long as it's not a $60 game that's over in an hour, or something like that).  I just want some good stuff to play.  So, please, suggest away.  

Around the Network

(I put this in gaming discussion, rather than PS. There's a lot of cross-platform stuff in VR, and I'm not intending this thread to discuss anything other than games. So, I don't see a need to limit it to PlayStation. If mods feel differently, I'm not going to cry about it being moved to PlayStation discussion.)

I just ordered Wipeout Omega Collection.  It had been on my radar a one point, but I forgot about it until the reminder here.  I'm interested to try it in both VR and ''flat" mode.  

Last edited by VAMatt - on 24 November 2018

RE7 should be cheap now and is a must play, yet perhaps you played that with a mod already.

My top 10 psvr games atm is
- Astrobot
- RE7
- Moss
- Skyrim
- Driveclub
- Cavernous wastes
- Polybius
- Statik
- Dirt Rally
- Windlands

(you already have superhot so left it out)

John2290 said:
BEAT SABER
BEAT SABER
AND MORE BEAT SABER.

I've put abput 15-20 hours into in the last few days and it is one of my GoAT. Something so simple yet so much fun and a high skill ceiling plus it's only 30 euro. Utterly fantastic and I know for a fact, it'll be something O'll be playing along with MGS1 and 2, Warcraft 3, starcraft, theme hospoyal and super mario 3 for life. Could not recommendit more.

I would love to play it yet i need my back to get better first. That looks way too risky in my current state. I can hardly play Tetris Effect atm :(
Eurogamer just put a review up. https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-23-beat-saber-is-yet-another-must-play-game-for-the-psvr

So, it's better than sprint vector? I could not get along with that game, worked very badly.

Around the Network

I'll write a longer list later, but this week I had very much fun with the puzzle game "Transpose".

You move some objects, choose a new starting point (sometimes with different gravitational direction) and turn the time back. Then you can watch your former actions performed by ghosts of yourself and can interact with them to solve some impossible tasks. The number of ghosts is limited of course.

Best puzzles since Portal 2... Portal meets Braid

Astrobot, I have been waiting for a game like this since the day I purchased PSVR.

Enjoy your new life

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

John2290 said:

That sucks man. I had the same thing happen during the summer and had to quite VR and training for like three months, couldn't even play the persistence with how the angle of the camera. It'll be waiting for ya when you return to normal :D It's miles better than sprint vector, that was fun but not as addicting or as satisfying as beat saber, It's also just the right ammount of physical activity to keep you hooked without burning you out physically, I did nearly 6 hours at it's midnight release, it hooks you instantly and won't let go. There are DLC packs coming with more music so when you do pick it up, there'll be more content even though the 16 songs os more than enough in my opinion for dozens of hours worth of beating sabers as expert difficulty is an actual challenge. It's just fantastic. 

I wouldn't recommend it with your back though as you will have to bend at the knee at times on hard or expert as well as side stepping or leaning to get better positioning and avoid obstacles. 

I'm lucky it's winter time. Not being able to go cycling for months in the summer would have been the worst. Not being able to work out still sucks the most. I usually exercise every day, weight lift every other day and go jogging through the woods this time of year. None of that currently for about a month already. RDR2 came at the right time, yet my mood likely shone through in my posts on the worst days.

I'm still stubbornly slowly unpacking the zvr2 unit I bought on BF. And have already downloaded beat saber. Perhaps I can enjoy a novice stage. I got the new box neatly sitting on top of the pro, less wire mess than the old one, simply by tying it all together a bit better. I also bought never out, might be a good puzzle game.

Conina said:

I'll write a longer list later, but this week I had very much fun with the puzzle game "Transpose".

You move some objects, choose a new starting point (sometimes with different gravitational direction) and turn the time back. Then you can watch your former actions performed by ghosts of yourself and can interact with them to solve some impossible tasks. The number of ghosts is limited of course.

Best puzzles since Portal 2... Portal meets Braid

Nice. It's R&C Crack in time puzzles made into a game. The talos principle also does some puzzles with recording although limited to one recording I think. The preview in the psn store looks good anyway. How is the movement? Can you turn and move freely?

I played Neverout today and rotation there is locked to 90 degrees while you move in a grid which makes sense for the puzzle game it is. It's worth the 10 bucks asking price, simple yet decent puzzles.

And I tried Deracine. Very nicely made. Unfortunately with teleportation and snap rotation. At least the warp points are well placed and not too disruptive for an adventure game. Just one day I would like to simply move around again like in RE7!

Oh, and in Beat Saber I didn't get further than the 3rd stage. I can't duck, insta game over. It's fun though. 3 levels was about all my back would take anyway. Glad I didn't wait until VR is perfected, enjoy it while you still can lol.