By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Company: Let's Go sold 3 million in first 3 days

Lonely_Dolphin said:
curl-6 said:

Except in this case we're not necessarily talking about 2 bags of Twix, it could be like 1 bag of Twix versus 2 bags that are 1/3 twix and 2/3 styrofoam.

Nope there is no could, we know exactly what's in Let's Go and previous Pokemon games. Only 151 + 2 new ones in Let's Go, whereas recent Pokemon games have those same 151 with more to do with them + hundreds more at a lower price.

Looking at Let's Go's sales, clearly a lot of people are quite happy to pay $60 for 152 Pokemon. 

If there really was a linear relationship between number of Pokemon and perceived value, then 20% as many Pokemon should net 20% as many sales, yet clearly Let's Go has done far better than that.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Nope there is no could, we know exactly what's in Let's Go and previous Pokemon games. Only 151 + 2 new ones in Let's Go, whereas recent Pokemon games have those same 151 with more to do with them + hundreds more at a lower price.

Looking at Let's Go's sales, clearly a lot of people are quite happy to pay $60 for 152 Pokemon. 

If there really was a linear relationship between number of Pokemon and perceived value, then 20% as many Pokemon should net 20% as many sales, yet clearly Let's Go has done far better than that.

The game could sell to every person in the universe, but the fact that it has less content at a higher price will remain unchanged.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
curl-6 said:

The game could sell to every person in the universe, but the fact that it has less content at a higher price will remain unchanged.

Quantity of content and value/quality aren't necessarily one and the same though, is all I meant.

First, the game did really well and i hope it keeps pushing HW next year (in December, it's pretty much a given, right?) , too!

Second, I gotta ask you owners, something:

I'm on the fence with this game.
I don't like that Go mechanic, but i can overlook it if there's some depth to it and to the game.
So, to those who played it, is it any good, and, is it a lengthy game?

I've never played a Pokémon game and i would really like to try one out, but my fear is that this game is short, repetitive and too easy.
Any advice is appreciated!

DélioPT said:
First, the game did really well and i hope it keeps pushing HW next year (in December, it's pretty much a given, right?) , too!

I don't like that Go mechanic, but i can overlook it if there's some depth to it and to the game.

I've never played a Pokémon game and i would really like to try one out, but my fear is that this game is short, repetitive and too easy.

It is short if you are familiar with Kanto, but for someone in your situation, it might take a bit longer. Also pretty easy if you keep your starter, but you could just box it if it is too easy for your taste.  However, if you are ever going to get into Pokemon, this game would be your best bet. 

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
DélioPT said:

It is short if you are familiar with Kanto, but for someone in your situation, it might take a bit longer. Also pretty easy if you keep your starter, but you could just box it if it is too easy for your taste.  However, if you are ever going to get into Pokemon, this game would be your best bet. 

Thanks.
That was really helpful!

DélioPT said:
MasonADC said:

Thanks.
That was really helpful!

Ya this is the best Pokemon game to start with, it does magical thing of not boring you, which something Sun and Moon suffers from a lot. (If you are going to play older one, I recommend X&Y over S&M)

If you play in handheld mode, the Go Catching Mechanic is pretty straight forward and you do not even have to worry as much.

Acevil said:
DélioPT said:

Thanks.
That was really helpful!

Ya this is the best Pokemon game to start with, it does magical thing of not boring you, which something Sun and Moon suffers from a lot. (If you are going to play older one, I recommend X&Y over S&M)

If you play in handheld mode, the Go Catching Mechanic is pretty straight forward and you do not even have to worry as much.

I won't be bored? That's a win for me! :D

I'm not going to play the old ones. I just wanted to play the one coming in 2019, but seeing as this one came along, i'll try to give this a go. Maybe i'll like it enough to buy the next mainline game.

Thanks!

DélioPT said:
Acevil said:

I'm not going to play the old ones. I just wanted to play the one coming in 2019, but seeing as this one came along, i'll try to give this a go. Maybe i'll like it enough to buy the next mainline game.

Thanks!

The older titles suffer from random encounters which sadly is an annoying JRPG trait. It is what one of the main things that bore me in older games. I really hope they adapt that in Gen 8. The avoiding of battles because you can see the pokemon without over purchasing repel. 

Acevil said:
DélioPT said:

Thanks!

The older titles suffer from random encounters which sadly is an annoying JRPG trait. It is what one of the main things that bore me in older games. I really hope they adapt that in Gen 8. The avoiding of battles because you can see the pokemon without over purchasing repel. 

I don't play RPGs, so, that's something i'm not used to deal with.
But i do prefer, i think, to battle when/and if i feel like it.

Btw, going to buy the game tomorrow, if all goes well. Hope i don't regret it! :D