By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Company: Let's Go sold 3 million in first 3 days

BraLoD said:
Nautilus said:

The exact word I wanted to use was "salt", but I felt like the sentence would be too agreesive and I would get a warning/ban over something that wasnt worth it.

Now for your question, the denial/salt was meant to point out you trying to downplay Lets Go success and calling it a free to play game when it was reviewed well.Dont get me wrong, I dont like the direction of that game either, but your sentence just didnt feel like it came from the right place, to put it midly.

I'm not downplaying it, I'm giving my opinion.

I want people to support the type of games I like, as actual pokemon games, so they can keep getting made instead of this kinds of cash grab, that's about it.

Didnt feel like it, but I wont discuss it with you this point further.

But for your second sentence, fair enough.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
This franchise is basically immortal

It is the highest grossing media franchise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

OTBWY said:
Azzanation said:
This franchise is basically immortal

It is the highest grossing media franchise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

Amazing when you look at Japan's population vs the rest of the world and just how many of the top grossing IPs they've created. Amazing country I hope to visit one day! 

BraLoD said:
Nautilus said:

The exact word I wanted to use was "salt", but I felt like the sentence would be too agreesive and I would get a warning/ban over something that wasnt worth it.

Now for your question, the denial/salt was meant to point out you trying to downplay Lets Go success and calling it a free to play game when it was reviewed well.Dont get me wrong, I dont like the direction of that game either, but your sentence just didnt feel like it came from the right place, to put it midly.

I want people to support the type of games I like, as actual pokemon games, so they can keep getting made instead of this kinds of cash grab, that's about it.

Define what makes this more of a cash grab than any other Pokemon title.

tbone51 said:
I think if Gamefreak actually went of a more ambitious route for new gens we dont need third versions no more and the scehdule would fit in so much better. If they went all out lets say for Gen 8 and then gen 9 i can easily see something like this...

2018: Lets Go (Gen 1)
2019 New Gen (Gen 8)
2020: Remakes (Gen 4 with Gen 8 Compatible)
2021: Lets Go Johto (Gen 2)
2022: New Gen (Gen 9)
2023: Third Version (Gen 9)
2024: Off

I just hope Game Freak has hired enough new staff and resources to make that plan feasible.

Around the Network

I get the distinct feeling its time as "fastest selling Switch game" is gonna be a little short-lived...

Last edited by curl-6 - on 23 November 2018

curl-6 said:

I have a feeling it's time as "fastest selling Switch game" is gonna be a little short-lived...

You think?

With Let’s Go selling like this, it’s crazy to imagine how much Smash can achieve in the same time period.

December 7th can’t come soon enough 😂

curl-6 said:

I get the distinct feeling its time as "fastest selling Switch game" is gonna be a little short-lived...

Ya dont say.... Get ready for that 10mil+ ship+digital announcement week after smash is released!

@bralod I agree with you to an extent.

Is this pokemon go? Definitely not. Its a remake of pokemon yellow with stupid wii waggle based catching.

Cashgrab? I would say yes. Raising the price 50% despite stripping out content/features of past games definitely feels like a cashgrab.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

DreadPirateRoberts said:
BraLoD said:

Define what makes this more of a cash grab than any other Pokemon title.

You didn't ask me but I'm butting in anyway! While Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon is a blatant cash grab, essentially DLC that also forces you to buy the main game again, the amount of content in that game is at least up to par so the price isn't bad for those who didn't already get Sun/Moon. Like I've said many times now, Let's Go has 20% of the content Sun/Moon has at 1.5x the price. I'm not making that number up btw, 153 Pokemon out the total 809 is 18.91%. This doesn't take into account the many other features and options that were removed of course. The game has better graphics for sure, though not up to the standard of other Switch titles and the style has regressed going back to being chibi and grid based, but eh. I don't think because a game is in HD that automatically means it should be full price. Nintendo agrees, or atleast used to with releases like Tropical Freeze, Woolly World, Rainbow Curse, Treasure Tracker, Splatoon (outside US), etc. not going for full price.