By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Company: Let's Go sold 3 million in first 3 days

BraLoD said:
Nautilus said:

While I do agree that this dosent feel(since I havent played it) as good as the mainline games, you can almost taste the denial in this statement.

And where is the denial in there?

The exact word I wanted to use was "salt", but I felt like the sentence would be too agreesive and I would get a warning/ban over something that wasnt worth it.

Now for your question, the denial/salt was meant to point out you trying to downplay Lets Go success and calling it a free to play game when it was reviewed well.Dont get me wrong, I dont like the direction of that game either, but your sentence just didnt feel like it came from the right place, to put it midly.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

I don' need to spends hours on this cash grab to know what it is, really.

This is Pokemon Go.

Except it literally isn't.

Let's Go is a remake of Yellow with a campaign, a proper game world, proper trainer battles, it's more in line with past remakes like Heart Gold/Soul Silver than it is with Go.

BraLoD said:
Jranation said:

Oh no guys! Bralod says it feels like a f2p mobile game! Better save our money for 2019! He must have spent hours in the game already to make this conclusion. 

Not that the 81 meta score it had matters or anything. 

I don' need to spends hours on this cash grab to know what it is, really.

Pokemon Yellow HD w/ Go mechanics attached to it.

Fixed.

h2ohno said:
From what I've heard this is lower than most mainline Pokemon games first week, but in line with remakes/version 3s, and ahead of spinoffs.

Worldwide

X/Y-4 million

Let's Go-3 million

Japan

X/Y-1.9 million

Let's Go-660k

Let's Go had a 1+ million drop compared to X/Y in Japan meaning that it actually did higher than a mainline title in the west.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Gen 8 is going to be a monster.

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:
JWeinCom said:

Right after they announced this, they said that there was a new mainline game coming soon.

Forget the terms mainline and side game or whatever.  How did the advertisement of this game in any way mislead people to think it was something other than what it was?

Around here or on other boards or comments sections you can still see people claiming it's a "mainline" title because gamefreak said so and it would be offensive to call it a spin off, maybe to prove a point or to lie to themselves.

I didn't ask how people on message board views it.  I asked how did the advertising of the game in any way mislead people to think that this was something other than what it is?

Its funny seeing all the lets go and gen 1 haters burning up trying to come up with any way to demerit this amazing game

IMO this game will have great legs, not just because its more casual Pokemon thats much better fit for new comers,
but also because this game has great WOM. I betting on around 10m shipped units at end of this year.

BraLoD said:
curl-6 said:

Except it literally isn't.

Let's Go is a remake of Yellow with a campaign, a proper game world, proper trainer battles, it's more in line with past remakes like Heart Gold/Soul Silver than it is with Go.

In Pokemon Yellow, a game I played to no end, as in every singlw other mainline of mainline remake, you could, you know, battle fucking wild pokemon.

The fact you had to single out "proper trainer batlles" is pretty telling on what this game is, it is find a pokemon and throw a ball on it, Pokemon Go.

I've played way too much Pokemon, which has been my favorite Nintendo franchise ever since I touched a gameboy (though Zelda might be better nowdays) to be told to accept this shit as it is.

In fact Pokemon has been, after Sonic, the only games that had always topped my favorite list, before I crossed ways with LoD.

You are singling out a single mechanic and ignoring the rest of the game.

It's not Go. Go was an AR game without a campaign, a game world, trainer battles. Let's Go is a Yellow Remake that just happens to have Go's capture mechanic.

BraLoD said:
Nautilus said:

The exact word I wanted to use was "salt", but I felt like the sentence would be too agreesive and I would get a warning/ban over something that wasnt worth it.

Now for your question, the denial/salt was meant to point out you trying to downplay Lets Go success and calling it a free to play game when it was reviewed well.Dont get me wrong, I dont like the direction of that game either, but your sentence just didnt feel like it came from the right place, to put it midly.

I'm not downplaying it, I'm giving my opinion.

I want people to support the type of games I like, as actual pokemon games, so they can keep getting made instead of this kinds of cash grab, that's about it.

Your second statement is simply pathetic. It is quite possible that people can support both types of games - if both types of games are quality. Hell, the titles could pull two different audiences which means one's success does not detract the other's success in the least. New Super Mario Bros. existed but did that stop Mario Galaxy or its sequel from existing? I do not enjoy 3D Mario titles so should I want people to support 2D games instead of 3D games? Trying to take options away from the consumer (which is what your mentality leads to, ultimately) is selfish and backward. Especially since the way you are approaching this subject is objectively incorrect.

Why in the world would any company stop making one successful product to make a different successful product? Why would they not just make... ...I know this will sound crazy... ...TWO SUCCESSFUL PRODUCTS. You gotta extend your reach a bit. That selfishness is served salty.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000