By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pokemon: Let’s Go sells 116,000 copies in the first 3 days in UK

I guess every thread about this game will devolve into people arguing the quality of the game >_

Around the Network
Baddman said:
I guess every thread about this game will devolve into people arguing the quality of the game >_<

Well if a certain aquatic mammal stopped derailing every thread about this game we wouldn't have this problem:) ;) ;) :)

I'm a bit bummed out about the lack of wild battles but not because I want everything to be like the old games.

I just didn't enjoy that aspect in Pokémon Go. I don't have a problem with the capture system but I'd prefer to be able first to attack and weaken wild pokémon in order to have a better chance of catching them. But I think the two could be combined (so that weakening pokémon AND throwing pokéballs at the right angle and time would lead to the best catch chance). Additionally, I'd like to be able to level up my Pokémon through wild battles. If this is implemented, I'll be a Switch owner seconds later cause overall I think the game looks fun (I like that Pokémon are now visible in the grass) and I'm a pretty big 1st and 2nd gen fan.

Regardless, I think it's great to see Nintendo 1st and 2nd parties experiment. I'll buy a Switch when Pokémon 2019 releases (at the latest). So many good games to look forward to.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

It has enough content in any case, and gameplay is very fun and satisfied, its first HD Pokemon game, it's good game in any case. So I dont see how sales can undersized, if game is bad than you would have point.

Uh dude, I am very clearly saying it's bad. To reiterate, Let's Go is essentially Sun/Moon with 20% of the content for 1.5x the price. I don't know how you can honestly and reasonably say that's good even if you like the game. I still wanna know who called it the best Pokemon game, I'm very curious about what drugs they are on, or did you just make that up?

You said its bad and people should belive you!? It bad based on what exactly? Definitely not based on critical review or impressions of people that actually playing game currently and saying its good and very fun game.

If you want to know what exactly people like about this game, this thread will gave you idea

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pokemon-let%E2%80%99s-go-is-the-best-pokemon-game-in-years-and-the-breath-of-fresh-air-the-series-needed.81991/#post-15161055

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 19 November 2018

pikashoe said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Even still though....as a hardcore Pokemon fan....I feel his statements are indeed correct.

He hasn't played the game, he can't have a particularly in depth opinion of the game. If someone skimmed a Wikipedia article of a novel and then started giving there opinion of it would you take it seriously. 

But this is different. I can actually feel his complaints......less content but cost more. You don't have to ACTUALLY PLAY the game to know that. Now I am not with him saying the game is bad. But I feel his frustration with the lack of content. But to each his/her own. I will be holding out on this game and just get the mainline game that releases next year! Which I am super excited for!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

Congrats to Nintendo!

Miyamotoo said:

You said its bad and people should belive you!? It bad based on what exactly? Definitely not based on critical review or impressions of people that actually playing game currently and saying its good and very fun game.

If you want to know what exactly people like about this game, this thread will gave you idea

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pokemon-let%E2%80%99s-go-is-the-best-pokemon-game-in-years-and-the-breath-of-fresh-air-the-series-needed.81991/#post-15161055

Resetera 

Content has never really affected the price of games. It is almost always more to do with what console the game is on. Where I'm from the cost difference isn't even that different, i think sun and moon cost 55 euro in gamestop and let's go is 60 euro.

Edit: this was meant as a reply to the black naruto.

I'm so surprised. This game absolutely killed it, and for anybody that tries to downplay those sales I want you to realise that those numbers mean it outsold both BoTW and SMO opening 3 days. So if you would like to shit on this, by all means go shit on those too.

While I can somewhat understand, I don't think the notion that we're getting less content with the higher price point is a big deal when it comes to Let's Go. I mean, for what its worth, we got a lot of content for the handheld main titles over the years at $35-$40. If it was like The Order 1886 that you could only play for about 8 hours with no multiplayer or what not at $60, I can understand it more. For a JRPG that is 20-30 hours long, Let's Go is still really good for your buck if you're trying to argue that it doesn't deserve to be $60. For 20-30 hours, that's comparable to pretty all the mainline games, outside of trading and battling friends of course because that's a different beast. For what was lost, you still had the new capturing mechanics that takes on a whole new element in capturing Pokemon, the Pokemon Go Park, the Master Trainers, returning faces (i.e., Red, Blue, and Green), and the ability to play co-op, which has never been done before in a mainline Pokemon game. There are a lot of $60 games that have 10-20 hours of play for the main story and even main story + extra features.

Yeah, even if dont have some amount of content like previous Pokemon for 3DS, we still talking around 30+ hours without post game content, and thats plenty of content in any case. Less or more content doesnt mean that some game will be cheaper or more expansive than other.

Also about price point, 3DS game had price point of $40 while Switch games have price point of $60, that should be very clear buy now.