By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pokemon: Let’s Go sells 116,000 copies in the first 3 days in UK

Miyamotoo said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Hate me all ya want but it has to be said, these sales are very much undeserved. I fear for the future of this franchise now that GameFreak knows they can get away with being even greedier and lazier than usual.

Based on what exactly?

Game has good critics and actual impressions of people that are playing this game are very positive, some people calling this game best Pokemon in years.

Only the game itself of course. What reviewers say ain't gonna change the fact that it has far less content and gameplay depth than prior installments, yet it cost more. Who exactly is calling it the best Pokemon game? This I gotta know!

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

Based on what exactly?

Game has good critics and actual impressions of people that are playing this game are very positive, some people calling this game best Pokemon in years.

Only the game itself of course. What reviewers say ain't gonna change the fact that it has far less content and gameplay depth than prior installments, yet it cost more. Who exactly is calling it the best Pokemon game? This I gotta know!

I agree with you and probably a lot of people too in terms of content. But im having lots of fun and im sure most people are too. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

I agree with you and probably a lot of people too in terms of content. But im having lots of fun and im sure most people are too. 

Sure but I have to think you'd have just as much fun if not moreso with any other Pokemon game, unless you're only in it for nostalgia or playing on the TV.

And yet again, Nintendo proves that we should never underestimate the power of their software. Biggest launch in UK (Nintendo's weakest market in Europe) for a Switch game O_o

Very strong start!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

Based on what exactly?

It has enough content in any case, and gameplay is very fun and satisfied, its first HD Pokemon game, it's good game in any case. So I dont see how sales can undersized, if game is bad than you would have point.

Ka-pi96 said:
Why was Sun/Moon so high? :O
And why was HGSS so low?

Also, woo Pikachu > Eevee. Eevee = shit and Pikachu = awesome!!!

Sun/Moon released towards the end of the generation (therefore could take advantage of a big and established installed base) and benefited from Pokémon Go (back catalogue sales of X/Y and OR/AS also increased notably due to Go).

HG/SS released at a time when first week sales in general weren't as high as they are nowadays. It's a general trend for most of the popular IPs to have improving launch week sales over time.

On topic: Those are very good numbers in comparison to X/Y. Launch-aligned to system's life, Let's Go launched one year earlier than X/Y on top of Switch trailing the 3DS through ~20 months.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Miyamotoo said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

It has enough content in any case, and gameplay is very fun and satisfied, its first HD Pokemon game, it's good game in any case. So I dont see how sales can undersized, if game is bad than you would have point.

Uh dude, I am very clearly saying it's bad. To reiterate, Let's Go is essentially Sun/Moon with 20% of the content for 1.5x the price. I don't know how you can honestly and reasonably say that's good even if you like the game. I still wanna know who called it the best Pokemon game, I'm very curious about what drugs they are on, or did you just make that up?

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

Uh dude, I am very clearly saying it's bad. To reiterate, Let's Go is essentially Sun/Moon with 20% of the content for 1.5x the price. I don't know how you can honestly and reasonably say that's good even if you like the game. I still wanna know who called it the best Pokemon game, I'm very curious about what drugs they are on, or did you just make that up?

For me only the sales and mass addiction is interesting to observe. I think these 2 games are shit and retarded...And then I see so many people shitting on the remake of Secret of Mana...No comment. I have watched every trailers of these Pokemons, I tried to get interested watching some gameplays, and I can't sorry..I was able to change my mind really about SSB because I really believe now that this game is accurate and deep, but Pokemon ? hell no. The name and phenomen "Pokemon" destroyed the UK charts, not the game itself.

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TGM3 MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Western record on TGM3 EASY : 1484
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

Miyamotoo said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Don't bother with him he hasn't even played the game.