By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pokemon: Let’s Go sells 116,000 copies in the first 3 days in UK

Hate me all ya want but it has to be said, these sales are very much undeserved. I fear for the future of this franchise now that GameFreak knows they can get away with being even greedier and lazier than usual.

Around the Network

Wow, that's quite impressive tbf

Seems like it released to average sales on the IP, and there is more digital this time around. Seems like a good start.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

So, Spyro sell more than Pokemon?

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Hate me all ya want but it has to be said, these sales are very much undeserved. I fear for the future of this franchise now that GameFreak knows they can get away with being even greedier and lazier than usual.

Based on what exactly?

Game has good critics and actual impressions of people that are playing this game are very positive, some people calling this game best Pokemon in years.

Around the Network
gemini_d@rk said:
So, Spyro sell more than Pokemon?

Yeah compared to separate Pikachu and Eevee release, but combined its seems that Pokemon sold best.

Miyamotoo said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Based on what exactly?

Game has good critics and actual impressions of people that are playing this game are very positive, some people calling this game best Pokemon in years.

Only the game itself of course. What reviewers say ain't gonna change the fact that it has far less content and gameplay depth than prior installments, yet it cost more. Who exactly is calling it the best Pokemon game? This I gotta know!

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

Based on what exactly?

Only the game itself of course. What reviewers say ain't gonna change the fact that it has far less content and gameplay depth than prior installments, yet it cost more. Who exactly is calling it the best Pokemon game? This I gotta know!

I agree with you and probably a lot of people too in terms of content. But im having lots of fun and im sure most people are too. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

I agree with you and probably a lot of people too in terms of content. But im having lots of fun and im sure most people are too. 

Sure but I have to think you'd have just as much fun if not moreso with any other Pokemon game, unless you're only in it for nostalgia or playing on the TV.

And yet again, Nintendo proves that we should never underestimate the power of their software. Biggest launch in UK (Nintendo's weakest market in Europe) for a Switch game O_o