By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pokemon: Let’s Go sells 116,000 copies in the first 3 days in UK

Hiku said:

It's all thanks to Ryan Reynolds.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
zorg1000 said:

Dont let the vocal minority make you believe this.

I still hope that I am wrong and the recent reviews, trailers and lets play videos have changed their minds. But I'll wait until we get some WW numbers. 

Critic reviews, impressions from players and very positive word of month, popularity on Twitch/YouTube, telling us that this game will do quite well LT and probably one pair with main Pokemon games.

zkp said:
This game cost 60 $? Nice joke Nintendo, disgusting but nice.

Not sure whether you've played the game. I haven't: I cancelled my order due to bad advance publicity, and I was feeling that I was probably right when I saw early reviews complaining about the motion controls and low difficulty. But I'm turning around because two YouTubers who always fall at the “cynical” end of the spectrum (Jim Stirling & Blunty) have given the game very positive reports. Blunty in particular is 36 hours in and says that the game does become as challenging as earlier Pokemon games, and he's played them all.

The reason I'm putting this comment in this thread is that once the presale bonanza is over, what will matter to sales is whether word of mouth is good or bad amongst the sort of gamer who doesn't hang out at VGChartz or Metacritic. And I think that word of mouth will be good. The review bombers read to me like spoiled, angry children (the Pokéball Plus is a functioning bluetooth controller, not a “$40 Mew dlc”) and I think they will turn out to be on the wrong side of history.

So Lets Go was launched on:

-Lowest install base ever that any Pokemon game was launched
-Its having stock problems
-Its having much higher price point than other Pokemon game
-Almost certain having higher digital sales (that didnt count) than any other Pokemon game

And game sold only 5% worse than Pokemon X / Y!? That's damn impressive for Lets Go.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 19 November 2018

Hate me all ya want but it has to be said, these sales are very much undeserved. I fear for the future of this franchise now that GameFreak knows they can get away with being even greedier and lazier than usual.

Around the Network

Wow, that's quite impressive tbf

Seems like it released to average sales on the IP, and there is more digital this time around. Seems like a good start.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

So, Spyro sell more than Pokemon?

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Hate me all ya want but it has to be said, these sales are very much undeserved. I fear for the future of this franchise now that GameFreak knows they can get away with being even greedier and lazier than usual.

Based on what exactly?

Game has good critics and actual impressions of people that are playing this game are very positive, some people calling this game best Pokemon in years.

gemini_d@rk said:
So, Spyro sell more than Pokemon?

Yeah compared to separate Pikachu and Eevee release, but combined its seems that Pokemon sold best.