By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pokemon: Let’s Go sells 116,000 copies in the first 3 days in UK

flashfire926 said:
60% down from sun/moon.... oof

lol @ "oofing" at these numbers.

You could also just as easily say it's up quite a bit over the previous release (Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon).

Last edited by NateH - on 20 November 2018

Around the Network
pikashoe said:

Content has never really affected the price of games. It is almost always more to do with what console the game is on. Where I'm from the cost difference isn't even that different, i think sun and moon cost 55 euro in gamestop and let's go is 60 euro.

Edit: this was meant as a reply to the black naruto.

Well with some games content has. Like with a few spinoffs here and there. But I can understand this being $60 on the home console that is the Switch. But with the Switch being a hybrid and this only being a spin-off with less content I guess the price was kind of a downer for me. But please do not equate that with me dissing the game. It definitely looks fun just like Pokemon to me. But I am hoping they go even further when they release the mainline game next year!

Kai_Mao said:

While I can somewhat understand, I don't think the notion that we're getting less content with the higher price point is a big deal when it comes to Let's Go. I mean, for what its worth, we got a lot of content for the handheld main titles over the years at $35-$40. If it was like The Order 1886 that you could only play for about 8 hours with no multiplayer or what not at $60, I can understand it more. For a JRPG that is 20-30 hours long, Let's Go is still really good for your buck if you're trying to argue that it doesn't deserve to be $60. For 20-30 hours, that's comparable to pretty all the mainline games, outside of trading and battling friends of course because that's a different beast. For what was lost, you still had the new capturing mechanics that takes on a whole new element in capturing Pokemon, the Pokemon Go Park, the Master Trainers, returning faces (i.e., Red, Blue, and Green), and the ability to play co-op, which has never been done before in a mainline Pokemon game. There are a lot of $60 games that have 10-20 hours of play for the main story and even main story + extra features.

Totally agree The Order 1886 was not worth $60....very short game with very little content. Super high production values though but not enough content at all. And again I am not dissing this game at all. But the lack of content coming from a long line of Pokemon games even with the new features doesn't justify the $60 price point FOR ME. I will still get it when it goes down in price just like I did The Order though lol.

Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, even if dont have some amount of content like previous Pokemon for 3DS, we still talking around 30+ hours without post game content, and thats plenty of content in any case. Less or more content doesnt mean that some game will be cheaper or more expansive than other.

Also about price point, 3DS game had price point of $40 while Switch games have price point of $60, that should be very clear buy now.

And I totally agree less content does not mean it will be less or more. Development cost really determine the price imo. Not content but again this is just for me even with the new mechanics this game does seem any more advanced that any of the 3DS games. By mechanics or graphics so that is another thing that made me wonder why it was $60 on the Switch. My thoughts of course.

All in all I am happy to see the game selling well! That means more funds to go into the mainline game development lol! And I will definitely be picking this up when the price drops!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

NateH said:
flashfire926 said:
60% down from sun/moon.... oof

lol @ "oofing" at these numbers.

You could also just as easily say it's up quite a bit over the previous release (Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon).

First off, I had a second post that clears up all of this.

Second, Ultra Sun came out after Switch launched so of course it wasn't going to sell as well. It was also a definitive edition like platinum, and those always sell less.

Compared to B2/W2 which launched with similar situation as this game, it did pretty well.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Japan numbers
https://nintendosoup.com/japan-pokemon-lets-go-sold-664000-copies-at-launch/

We will see, but it seems that this Pokemon game will far more popular in West than in Japan compared to previous Pokemon games.

Around the Network

664000 for japan in just 3 days isnt that bad, only behind splatoon :)

Its not bad at all

Miyamotoo said:

Its not bad at all

Thought this was sales and was very impressed, then saw it was attach rate... And thus heavily in favour of let's go. Garbage graph! 

Regardless it's done very well in Japan.

Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

Its not bad at all

Thought this was sales and was very impressed, then saw it was attach rate... And thus heavily in favour of let's go. Garbage graph! 

Why is garbage graph? This graph very clearly shows attach rate of Pokemon games on launch.

Miyamotoo said:
Barkley said:

Why is garbage graph? This graph very clearly shows attach rate of Pokemon games on launch.

Because attach rate is a metric that favours lower install bases it's a pointless comparison.

Look at the order of the 3DS pokemon games X/Y comes first... then OR/AS, S/M and US/UM. Exactly in release order, the winner being launched on the lowest installbase while the loser being launched on the highest installbase.

Basically it's not a graph that can be used to draw any meaningful conclusions. Attach Rate can't used to compare the success of a game.