By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76 Review Thread - Opencritic: 55, Metacritic 50

Bethesda has gone downhill.

Around the Network

What a fucking disaster lol. I can't think of the last time a AAA game had a 43 on metacritic. Jesus christ...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I know ppl will be giving me incredulous looks for asking. But is the game playable at all? I’m thinking of buying it if it isn’t completely garbage. Been having a bit of a title drought recently. Bought RDR2 but can’t seem to get into it (the game is beautiful but something in me doesn’t seem to want to play it). It looks like I’ve developed an inability to enjoy deep story and character driven games other than GoW3 (w/c I only played cuz of nostalgia and the fact that I’m a GoW fan) and I’m just looking for a casual, play-when-I-got-time title that offers some level of enjoyment. Like Destiny or PoE. If this game isn’t it, can someone make a recommendation for an upcoming one I might like?

DrDoomz said:

I know ppl will be giving me incredulous looks for asking. But is the game playable at all? I’m thinking of buying it if it isn’t completely garbage. Been having a bit of a title drought recently. Bought RDR2 but can’t seem to get into it (the game is beautiful but something in me doesn’t seem to want to play it). It looks like I’ve developed an inability to enjoy deep story and character driven games other than GoW3 (w/c I only played cuz of nostalgia and the fact that I’m a GoW fan) and I’m just looking for a casual, play-when-I-got-time title that offers some level of enjoyment. Like Destiny or PoE. If this game isn’t it, can someone make a recommendation for an upcoming one I might like?

I would wait a long while with this game until they maybe fix it. As of now, it looks incredibly bland and uninteresting. Maybe wait to see if Anthem or Division 2 turns out to be any good if you're looking for a destiny style game. 

MC is at 49 now after 13 reviews. Title needs to be updated.

barneystinson69 said: 

What a fucking disaster lol. I can't think of the last time a AAA game had a 43 on metacritic. Jesus christ...

Eurogamer gave it an avoid. Can't recall that happening to an AAA game before.

DrDoomz said: 

I know ppl will be giving me incredulous looks for asking. But is the game playable at all? I’m thinking of buying it if it isn’t completely garbage. 

See above.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 21 November 2018

Around the Network

i can't believe im saying this but metal gear survive is a better game than this mess.

KratosLives said:
i can't believe im saying this but metal gear survive is a better game than this mess.

Who would have thought that in a year with Sea of Thieves and Metal Gear Survive, Fallout 76 would turn out as the most disappointing game?

shikamaru317 said:
DrDoomz said:

Reviews aren't everything, sometimes you just have to buy a game for yourself and see if you like it. 

Surely not if you can't return/sell it afterwards. At least not until it's fixed and available for 20-30 or so, the price it should have released at to begin with.

Errorist76 said:
KratosLives said:

Who would have thought that in a year with Sea of Thieves and Metal Gear Survive, Fallout 76 would turn out as the most disappointing game?

These horrible online multiplayer Games as a Service type monstrosities.... Im surprised developers think this is the future of gameing.

First time I'm actually happy a game has a low metascore, not because I wanted the game to fail. I want every game that comes out to be good.

I'm happy it's low because reviewers aren't ignoring how broken and buggy the game is and how unacceptable that is. There's no such thing as 'charming bugs and glitches'.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'