Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76 Review Thread - Opencritic: 55, Metacritic 50

82% percent down first week UK compared to Fallout 4.

Completely deserved I would say.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Kerotan said:
Great to see so few reviews. It means the outlets are taking their time to review it and an online game like this definitely needs time.

Its been 4days right? how much longer do they need.
Plus there was the beta too....

I think alot outlets are just scared to reivew and give it a honest score.

Beta under no circumstances should ever be factored into a review. EVER.

It's an online RPG you are expected to play for years. Any decent review worth there salt will spend a few weeks reviewing it. 



Kerotan said:
JRPGfan said:

Its been 4days right? how much longer do they need.
Plus there was the beta too....

I think alot outlets are just scared to reivew and give it a honest score.

Beta under no circumstances should ever be factored into a review. EVER.

It's an online RPG you are expected to play for years. Any decent review worth there salt will spend a few weeks reviewing it. 

That's a fair stance, but what other online centric games are reviewers extending this courtesy to? Usually they seem to have no problem putting out fast reviews for these titles.

Last edited by Angelus - on 18 November 2018

Angelus said:
Kerotan said:

Beta under no circumstances should ever be factored into a review. EVER.

It's an online RPG you are expected to play for years. Any decent review worth there salt will spend a few weeks reviewing it. 

That's a fair stance, but what other online centric games are reviewer extending this courtesy to? Usually they seem to have no problem putting out fast reviews for these titles.

Shared world shooters usually get that type of extra time. I recall Destiny 2 reviews happening a week after release.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Angelus said:

That's a fair stance, but what other online centric games are reviewer extending this courtesy to? Usually they seem to have no problem putting out fast reviews for these titles.

Shared world shooters usually get that type of extra time. I recall Destiny 2 reviews happening a week after release.

Not really. Some outlets take their time a bit, but the large majority of reviews are hitting in the first few days of release.



Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
shikamaru317 said:

For a dumpster fire it sure is alot of fun, I am really enjoying it so far.

It shouldn't affect the others at all, Bethesda Austin was the lead dev on 76, not the original Bethesda Maryland studio. Bethesda Maryland and Bethesda Montreal are working on Starfield and TES 6, which are both confirmed to be singleplayer games. If anything it may have a positive effect, seeing all of the performance issues that the Creation engine is still causing in 76 may finally cause Bethesda to create a new engine for TES 6 if they haven't already.

Didn’t Bethesda just confirm they’re going to use the same engine for Starfield and TES6?

That article is based on something that Todd said in an E3 interview. Considering TES 6 is still early in development, there is time for a change if they decide to based on the problems 76 is having. Starfield will definitely be on Creation though as it has been in development for at least 3 years already, much too late to change the engine now, though thankfully Todd did say that they would be overhauling much of the engine's design for Starfield, and they said it was a next-gen game, so it will be running on the considerably more powerful Xbox Scarlett and PS5, so the framerate issues that Fallout 4 and 76 have on consoles shouldn't happen in Starfield. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 18 November 2018

Angelus said:
flashfire926 said:

Shared world shooters usually get that type of extra time. I recall Destiny 2 reviews happening a week after release.

Not really. Some outlets take their time a bit, but the large majority of reviews are hitting in the first few days of release.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/destiny-2

Nearly every review is at lease a week after the launched.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Angelus said:

Not really. Some outlets take their time a bit, but the large majority of reviews are hitting in the first few days of release.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/destiny-2

Nearly every review is at lease a week after the launched.

Hmm, fair enough. Could have sworn that game had tons of reviews at launch.



Dulfite said:
All right people, Fallout 76 vs. Mass Effect Andromeda vs. Duke Nukem Forever. Which sequel has been the biggest letdown? Can Nukem prevail!?

How dare you forget Metal Gear Survive?



Angelus said:
flashfire926 said:

Shared world shooters usually get that type of extra time. I recall Destiny 2 reviews happening a week after release.

Not really. Some outlets take their time a bit, but the large majority of reviews are hitting in the first few days of release.

Actually no...bigger online games most serious reviewers always take their time.