Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76 Review Thread - Opencritic: 55, Metacritic 50

shikamaru317 said:
John2290 said:
It's times like this when you can see what outlets are trust worthy or not. Playstation universe and trusted reviews, not so much, their reviews read like they are trying to polish a steaming pile of dog shit and sell the reader on it. If you're willing to give up your integrity and duty to the readers wallet so you can stay in good standing with a publisher or whatever the reason then you don't deserve to have the little readership or click that you still manage.

Or maybe they just enjoy the game like I do? I haven't read their reviews though. 

Even if they deducted 1 or 2 points for the bugs and online stability that would leave their score at 8 or 9's. Does that sound trust worthy to you? And yeah, their reviews are full of excuses and like I said, trying to polish a turd. 

China Numba wan!!

Around the Network
John2290 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Or maybe they just enjoy the game like I do? I haven't read their reviews though. 

Even if they deducted 1 or 2 points for the bugs and online stability that would leave their score at 8 or 9's. Does that sound trust worthy to you? And yeah, their reviews are full of excuses and like I said, trying to polish a turd. 

I would currently give Fallout 76 an 8/10 right now myself after about 8 hours, though that could obviously change as I play more of the game. The only area where it is lacking for me so far is story, and that has never been Bethesda's strong suit anyway, in every other way it matches or exceeds Fallout 3, 4, and NV do far imo. I haven't even encountered any bugs yet which is unheard of for playing a Bethesda game on launch. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 19 November 2018

Holy shit the PS4 version on Metacritic currently has 43... The site takes this to their front page, "shockingly bad reviews" 

andisart said:

Holy shit the PS4 version on Metacritic currently has 43... The site takes this to their front page, "shockingly bad reviews" 

Xbox version is at a whooping 65 though, and PC at a respectable 59. I think PC gamers are being screwed the worst because of the terrible optimization, Bethesda games are notorious for not letting you utilize the potential of your rig, we all remember the 3GB RAM limitation on Skyrim at launch, which was ridiculous even in 2011 (and subsequently patched by modders, of course). 

I hope they learn something from this, maybe all the big boys in RPG development needed/need a rude awakening.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
andisart said:

Xbox version is at a whooping 65 though, and PC at a respectable 59. I think PC gamers are being screwed the worst because of the terrible optimization, Bethesda games are notorious for not letting you utilize the potential of your rig, we all remember the 3GB RAM limitation on Skyrim at launch, which was ridiculous even in 2011 (and subsequently patched by modders, of course). 

I hope they learn something from this, maybe all the big boys in RPG development needed/need a rude awakening.

It was 2GB not 3.

FALLOUT 76 PATCH NOTES – NOVEMBER 19, 2018

Our latest patch for Fallout 76 brings additional performance and stability improvements and many bug fixes to the game. Read on for details about everything that’s coming to the game with today’s patch.

PATCH VERSION:

• Xbox: 1.0.1.8
  • PS4: 1.0.1.9
  • PC: 1.0.1.14

GENERAL

• Performance: Several issues have been addressed to resolve hitches during gameplay and other performance issues.
  • Stability: The Fallout 76 game client and servers have received additional stability improvements.
  • Xbox: Fixed an issue that could lead to instability on certain menus.

BUG FIXES

ART AND GRAPHICS

• Ambient Occlusion: Placed items no longer leave behind shadow outlines after being picked up.
  • Camera: The game camera now pans more smoothly when the player enters furniture.
  • Graphics: The cover of Tesla Science magazine Issue 9 no longer appears solid red on pickup, or when inspected.

ENEMIES

• General: Fixed an issue in which some enemies could chase the player farther than intended.
  • Loot: Ghoul and Scorched Officers now correctly drop nuke code pieces upon being killed by a player.

C.A.M.P., WORKSHOPS, AND CRAFTING

• Blueprints: Fixed an issue that could cause Blueprints to break into smaller parts after logging out and back in to Fallout 76.
  • Plans: Paints applied to Power Armor during the Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. will now appear correctly on the items that were painted, and those paints can now correctly be applied to additional sets of Power Armor.
  • Repair: Fixed an issue that could cause an item to return to a broken state after being repaired.

QUESTS

• Bureau of Tourism: The Prickett’s Fort Token Dispenser can now be repaired, and players can no longer walk through it.

PVP

• Pacifist Mode: Players with Pacifist Mode enabled who engage in PVP by contesting a Workshop owned by another player will now correctly deal full damage to that player as long as they remain hostile.
  • Respawn: Choosing the "Respawn" option after dying during PVP combat will now correctly clear any active hostile status toward other players.
  • Seek Revenge: Cap rewards will now display correctly when choosing the “Seek Revenge” respawn option after being killed by another player.
  • Seek Revenge: When targeted by another player who is seeking revenge, the reward amount will now display the correct number of Caps that can be earned by killing that player.

USER INTERFACE

• Languages: Korean fonts will now be displayed correctly in game menus.
  • Hotkeys: The “Take Photo” hotkey can no longer be rebound and is now tied to the space bar on PC and the A button on controllers.
  • Hotkeys: Fixed an issue that could cause the “Take Snapshot” button in Photomode to display an incorrect hotkey.
  • Social: Fixed an issue that could cause players to disappear from each other’s social menus if two players each sent a friend invite to one another.
  • Social: Fixed an issue that prevented newly equipped Player Icons from displaying to other players in the Social Menu.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Ok but the Xbox rating only has 4 reviews atm, the PS4 has 7. And some Spanish website game the Xbox version 80%, thats how it sparked to 65%. I think the accumulated rating on Opencritic of 54 out of all reviews so far (15 counted) give an idea of where the rating is heading, mid 50s. I also hope Bethesda gets this wake up call. It's a shame because they have so much potential for genius games if they only polished them more, they already excell at world building and have amazing franchises.

Delicious backslash everywhere!

The reviews Lol this is too much I wonder if its worser than Mass effect Andromeda XD

My xbl:dx11332sega

My second Xbl:Segasaturnsan

My psn:Segasaturnsan

My Nintendo Friend Code:1302-4985-4999

My Steam:dx11332sega

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber